Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

Myth: You don’t need a go to guy to compete for Nat’l titles.

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No. Like I said, you have to have a good system and dudes who can go get their own. Archie’s offensive system is an embarrassment to basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That's pretty ironic, considering that embarrassing offensive system and no bucket getters have those 6 quad 1 wins, also combined with the fact that if they shoot well enough, they will win those games or at least be in the mix to win games. Maybe that is a testament to their defense being better than the crean years, I dont know. 

If they beat minnesota, I think they go dancing. I will just have to agree to disagree with you on this one. Yes you need bucket getters. Obviously. But the losses I saw, especially the blowout losses, was a team that had given up, put their heads down, and stopped playing hard. There are also the games where they shot so poorly, they never gave themselves a chance. 

Looked pretty similar to the offense that got them wins when they did play hard

This quad 1 win talk is super annoying. No offense to anyone. Good teams can win on the road. We haven’t looked good almost all season.

Michigan state and Florida state were nice wins. But at home. The rest has been status quo. I’m not impressed with Indiana at all.

I mean, look where we finished in the B1G. We should be embarrassed.

Indiana fans trying so hard to find some silver lining.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This quad 1 win talk is super annoying. No offense to anyone. Good teams can win on the road. We haven’t looked good almost all season.

Michigan state and Florida state were nice wins. But at home. The rest has been status quo. I’m not impressed with Indiana at all.

I mean, look where we finished in the B1G. We should be embarrassed.

Indiana fans trying so hard to find some silver lining.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No offense taken. I just think the blame should be on players a lot more on the coach but that's just my opinion. There is a lot that archie miller can do a lot better. The quad wins were brought up to say that the players can win games if they try harder, which in my mind is much more an issue than the offensive system. Again, just an opinion. This team doesn't have a good track record of responding to adversity

That's pretty ironic, considering that embarrassing offensive system and no bucket getters have those 6 quad 1 wins, also combined with the fact that if they shoot well enough, they will win those games or at least be in the mix to win games. Maybe that is a testament to their defense being better than the crean years, I dont know. 
If they beat minnesota, I think they go dancing. I will just have to agree to disagree with you on this one. Yes you need bucket getters. Obviously. But the losses I saw, especially the blowout losses, was a team that had given up, put their heads down, and stopped playing hard. There are also the games where they shot so poorly, they never gave themselves a chance. 
Looked pretty similar to the offense that got them wins when they did play hard

Most of your elite guys who can go get a bucket are mostly leaders too. TJD has shown flashes but he needs to be more vocal and demanding. Maybe Lander has the leader part and I think he’s got the bucket getting a resting part. Archie just has to open the offense up. Literally. We need some space and Lander is going to need driving lanes.

No offense taken. I just think the blame should be on players a lot more on the coach but that's just my opinion. There is a lot that archie miller can do a lot better. The quad wins were brought up to say that the players can win games if they try harder, which in my mind is much more an issue than the offensive system. Again, just an opinion. This team doesn't have a good track record of responding to adversity

Agree. But most of these guys are guys Archie has hand picked. I don’t care how strong the B1G is, Indiana should never be where we are ranked.

Making the NCAA would help to alleviate some of the disappointment but to me that’s what this season has been.

51 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Agree. But most of these guys are guys Archie has hand picked. I don’t care how strong the B1G is, Indiana should never be where we are ranked.

Making the NCAA would help to alleviate some of the disappointment but to me that’s what this season has been.

Which of the guys Archie hand picked are the problems on this team?    His hand picked guys aren't even upper classmen yet, and in the Big Ten; especially with talent all over the place now (this ain't our daddys' college basketball), that matters, even if you don't like it.  I disagree with you here, Fleek.  Best players in the conference are mostly upper classmen.

Luka Garza - Junior

Geo Baker - Junior

John Teske and Zavier Simpson - Seniors

Xavier Tillman - Junior

D'Mitrick Trice and Brad Davidson - Juniors

Lamar Stevens  Senior

Kaleb Wesson - Junior

Cassius Winston - Senior

Anthony Cowan - Senior

Why is it expected that Indiana, without an upper classman even close to this list should be better than the teams with players who DO have experienced and very talented upper classmen?    This is the part I don't get.  Indiana has awful seniors and at least one junior who's caused his share of problems.  Who are Archie's hand picked guys who should be better than these guys and these teams?  Indiana has no leadership and these guys ALL provide it.  

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Nah certain people just take the crap to every thread they open

When Indiana finishes the season 11th of 14 in the B1G, it’s hard to feign excitement. 

When our program gets to the point of top 4 finishes regularly and a top 25 program year in and year out, the “negativity” will disappear from me.  

10 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Most of your elite guys who can go get a bucket are mostly leaders too. TJD has shown flashes but he needs to be more vocal and demanding. Maybe Lander has the leader part and I think he’s got the bucket getting a resting part. Archie just has to open the offense up. Literally. We need some space and Lander is going to need driving lanes.

I'll agree and disagree. I agree that IU needs more talent and it needs more veteran talent. To Old Friend's point, our veterans are average-to-below average Big Ten players and that has really hurt IU. Fleek has said the same thing, we need more "guys". We need more TJD's, more Lander's, etc.

But with that said, you act like Archie designs an offense to purposely have the defense pack the paint? It's not like Archie is saying, "hey guys, here's what we'll do offensively, we'll pack the paint ourselves so that we close off all of our own driving lanes!"

We need shooters and talent to open up the offense. We need good, talented upperclassmen. Those things are coming. 

I'll agree and disagree. I agree that IU needs more talent and it needs more veteran talent. To Old Friend's point, our veterans are average-to-below average Big Ten players and that has really hurt IU. Fleek has said the same thing, we need more "guys". We need more TJD's, more Lander's, etc.
But with that said, you act like Archie designs an offense to purposely have the defense pack the paint? It's not like Archie is saying, "hey guys, here's what we'll do offensively, we'll pack the paint ourselves so that we close off all of our own driving lanes!"
We need shooters and talent to open up the offense. We need good, talented upperclassmen. Those things are coming. 

Archie does purposefully pack the paint. There’s a reason that on pick and rolls, someone is always posting on the same side that the ball handler is going. Which means no driving lane.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Archie does purposefully pack the paint. There’s a reason that on pick and rolls, someone is always posting on the same side that the ball handler is going. Which means no driving lane.

I believe he does that because of his current personnel; we don't have a guard that can blow past an on-ball defender, so we use the guards paired with a big as post passers.

Lander may change that equation.

I believe he does that because of his current personnel; we don't have a guard that can blow past an on-ball defender, so we use the guards paired with a big as post passers.
Lander may change that equation.

Phinisee has been able to get by at times but it’s pointless. And why try to get by anyone when you know there is someone blocking the way? Another reason that Race should be starting over Brunk. Race isn’t a great shooter but good enough to put in the corner.

No. Like I said, you have to have a good system and dudes who can go get their own. Archie’s offensive system is an embarrassment to basketball.

In all fairness it takes 7 years to install so we shouldn’t expect much for 4 more years. After that, no excuses

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Phinisee has been able to get by at times but it’s pointless. And why try to get by anyone when you know there is someone blocking the way? Another reason that Race should be starting over Brunk. Race isn’t a great shooter but good enough to put in the corner.

Not true IMO.

Phin is very good at finishing at the rim when he gets by someone, but he is not really the type to get by someone when solo-ed up.

Another negative thread? It's sad when the same people dominate the discussions over and over and say the same things. We get it you don't like Archie. I think it's time to take a break or go someplace else. 

Negative? No. This is about us getting guys who put us into the elite of the nation. Such as getting Lander and that TJD might be that type as well.

Not true IMO.
Phin is very good at finishing at the rim when he gets by someone, but he is not really the type to get by someone when solo-ed up.

It may just be his injuries. We don’t exactly have anyone with an explosive first step like Lander does. But the guy being on the block might make our guards second guess driving any further just because there is someone there. We don’t always run that exact set but when we do, it’s usually not pretty. It’d be nice to finally see Race start. He’s earned it and we seem to play better than we do with Brunk on the floor for extended minutes. I’m just hoping some changes are made next season if Lander comes in. I want him and TJD to have an open lane for the pick and roll because that could be dominate. I also believe we will(or should) start two freshmen next season.

Negative? No. This is about us getting guys who put us into the elite of the nation. Such as getting Lander and that TJD might be that type as well.

But we got those guys? Everybody knows we don’t have the talent to win a title no matter of coaching. You have been arguing with yourself this whole time. That’s essentially what he is saying.

It may just be his injuries. We don’t exactly have anyone with an explosive first step like Lander does. But the guy being on the block might make our guards second guess driving any further just because there is someone there. We don’t always run that exact set but when we do, it’s usually not pretty. It’d be nice to finally see Race start. He’s earned it and we seem to play better than we do with Brunk on the floor for extended minutes. I’m just hoping some changes are made next season if Lander comes in. I want him and TJD to have an open lane for the pick and roll because that could be dominate. I also believe we will(or should) start two freshmen next season.

Phin has been able to get by guys at times but we don’t have a guy with the explosive first step of a Lander.

Do you understand what you’re arguing when you attempt to argue a point? I’m not much in telling people what they should/shouldn’t do BUT you might want to start posts with “this is the point I am arguing” then follow it up with “these are the reasons why that point is valid.” It might bring some clarity to your posts. It might make sense in your head but when it’s typed out it appears as mumbo jumbo.