Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Men's Big Ten Tourney Thread: Predictions and Discussion

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I actually like the 11 seed draw much better, so I'm good with that.

11 seed means it takes 5 games in 5 days to win the tournament. I don't favor those odds, although of all the teams in the conference we might be the team most able to handle that with our depth. It's still daunting. I'd far rather have the 10 seed and skip the first night. On the plus side, a chance to add another win (even a Quad 3) against Nebraska or Northwestern can't hurt our NCAA tournament resume.

21 minutes ago, incrediboy said:

11 seed means it takes 5 games in 5 days to win the tournament. I don't favor those odds, although of all the teams in the conference we might be the team most able to handle that with our depth. It's still daunting. I'd far rather have the 10 seed and skip the first night. On the plus side, a chance to add another win (even a Quad 3) against Nebraska or Northwestern can't hurt our NCAA tournament resume.

That's probably the difference, I'm under no illusion that we're going to actually win the entire BTT. I think a semi's appearance would be an homerun of a performance for IU, and IMO the best path for that is the 11 seed. 

Your last sentence is also why I don't mind the 11 seed. While a win over NW/Neb in of itself doesn't mean much, any win that gets IU to 20 or 21 wins is a huge win regardless of the opponent. Just getting to either of those win totals is huge for locking the Tournament bid and seeding. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose tomorrow and get the 11 seed, I want IU to get to 10-10 and then at that point I think the 11 seed is the better path for this team. 

Serious question...Is IU legally obligated to participate in the BTT?  

Regardless, my prediction...first round loss.  IU only has a better all-time winning percentage than 2 team and that will likely be 1 after this BTT if Maryland is a minimum 1-1, so I expect that they will continue to disappoint.

Indiana is locked into the 11 seed after yesterday’s games. They will play Nebraska.

It no longer seems that Iowa is the most likely second round opponent with Penn states loss to Northwestern yesterday. If the predictions are correct for today’s games, IU would play Penn state in the second round. Maryland would be the third round opponent.

But that can change if either Ohio state or Iowa picks up a road win today.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

31 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Indiana is locked into the 11 seed after yesterday’s games. They will play Nebraska.

It no longer seems that Iowa is the most likely second round opponent with Penn states loss to Northwestern yesterday. If the predictions are correct for today’s games, IU would play Penn state in the second round. Maryland would be the third round opponent.

But that can change if either Ohio state or Iowa picks up a road win today.

I’d take Penn State in a heartbeat. Same with Iowa. Believe it or not, IU could actually have a good draw as the 11 seed. Take care of Nebraska first though. Can’t lose that game

53 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Anybody know about tickets for Wednesday? I’ve heard it’s $6 for general admission

Yes you can get it for that on Stubhub but its $12.45 with fees. Not bad:)

Anybody know about tickets for Wednesday? I’ve heard it’s $6 for general admission

That is correct. That’s what I paid on stub hub. Was able to snag floor level tickets row 18 for all day Thursday for $70. Paid roughly $80 for 6 B1G games...all lower level. That is insane!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

46 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

That is correct. That’s what I paid on stub hub. Was able to snag floor level tickets row 18 for all day Thursday for $70. Paid roughly $80 for 6 B1G games...all lower level. That is insane!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I should have waiting.  I bought mine about two weeks ago and balcony tickets were $17 per ticket per session before fees.  With fees it bumped up to $35/ticket per session with fees. Friday was more expension.....something like $65 per session with fees.  Think I spent around $200 per ticket for the 8 games on Thursday and Friday.

I've been to the tournament I think for the last five years that it's been in Chicago or Indy.  IMO....Indy venue is 10 times better for the simple fact that the United Center isn't close to anything.  The time between sessions is spent looking for something to do/something to eat with nothing in sight.  Plenty of things to do/places to to visit when it is in Indy.

Also have to say that Friday is the best day of the tournament followed by Thursday.  Don't think I'll ever do a Sunday again....if your team isn't in it, you really don't care who wins and even if they were, I'd rather be at home watching the Sunday title games and watching the selection show.  Saturday seems to feature one decent game and one game that has a team that upset a team or two to get there and ends up not being real competitive.

14 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

I want to see our walk-ons in the game in the last couple minutes. If Minnesota can score over 100, we surely can at least get to 70 for a free roast beef.

Looked like Nebraska was more interested in just running and having fun than trying to win the game.  I think a team trying to win doesn't run and gun with 7 players.

7 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

I’m definitely attending Wednesday for that price

If I lived closer to Indy I would.. I went in 2016 on Friday. It was Michigan-IU (you know, the game where Indiana missed their free throws and Michigan came back and won at the buzzer). It was pretty cool. We left at halftime of the second game. Was pretty ticked from the IU game.