Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

IU at Illinois Game Thread 03/01 2 PM BTN

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Any takes on Archie lunging towards Al? That’s not an ideal interaction at an Indiana considering our history.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I thought Arch was going to go Walking Dead on his @$$ and bite his face off!  I'm not sure what he was pissed at.  Watched the replay several times.

23 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

We had a shot at the end. A game we will win next year with Lander.

I don't think he reclassifies. I think we can win that game next year without him.

Smith getting the ball taken away after he got the offensive rebound was ridiculous. He needs to toughen up big time. That was a key take away at a critical point late in the game.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I don’t have access to a replay but it looked like his other arm was grabbed on that play but no call. That’s why he tried to rebound it one-handed

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Tough loss and it sucks. However, I will take the effort from this team. A few takeaways:

1) I'm confused on the Phinisee hate. He has exceeded my expectations in two years. I didn't think he would even start until his junior year. Remember, this kid was not a top 100 recruit. By that logic those kids usually don't start their first two years. Is he where we want him to be yet? No, but I think he will be a very good player his junior and senior years. 

2) Cockburn outplayed TJD when it mattered. That kid is good. Nothing against TJD, but Cockburn might be your Big Ten FOY after today. 

3) Thought Al, Devonte, and Justin played well today. If at least two of those three play well IU should compete. 

4) I can tell Archie's patience is wearing thin-as it should be. We went from winning 3/4 to losing 3/5. 

5) Win these next two at Assembly Hall and you are in.

6) Officials need to be held accountable. That was awful today. Really, it was bad on both ends. 

Really sad stat....after today IU can best finish 500 in the Big Ten. First time since 1931-1934 that Indiana has had four straight seasons of being 500 or under in Big Ten Play...woof. That has to change guys. 

11 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

He has only two classes to take. Assuming that goes well, he will be in Bloomington next year. And will most likely start, even at 18 years age. 

Noah Vonleh was a starter here before he could buy cigarettes, vote, or buy.....R-rated movies. If he can play he’ll play. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Noah Vonleh was a starter here before he could buy cigarettes, vote, or buy.....R-rated movies. If he can play he’ll play. 

Hell, Emmitt Holt ran down a dude in his car and I think he was barely old enough to have a license.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Hell, Emmitt Holt ran down a dude in his car and I think he was barely old enough to have a license.

Barf... I could not stand the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 teams. I actually like this group better on and off the court. 

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

He has only two classes to take. Assuming that goes well, he will be in Bloomington next year. And will most likely start, even at 18 years age. 

I agree. Why else would he commit when he did? ... I think he'll be wearing candy stripes next season. 

We need something next year. Like I've said in the past. We have 3-3star guards & 1-4 star guard, playing like a 3 star, who have not developed. Just hanging in there is not good enough. We don't have a go to guy at end of game. NONE. Haven't had for a long time. 

59 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Even then...

*whispers* (Holt wasn’t driving that car)

I'm not familiar with the 'real story' if it wasn't what was in the papers.  Who was Holt the fall guy for?  Morgan?  Bryant?  I would hope it wasn't Perea.

27 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I agree. Why else would he commit when he did? ... I think he'll be wearing candy stripes next season. 

If it is just two classes that is between him and being eligible, I have to believe that he's here.  Hell, those are things that can even be knocked out through online classes (BYU has online high school classes that are pretty much start based on your own timeline that students the high school I teach at complete when they are looking to graduate on time but lack credits or ones they use in order to take a course their senior year but need to complete a prerequisite course they haven't).

What would make me upset is if the IU administration gets involved and makes it harder for Lander to do so.  Seems they are pretty stuck in the twentieth century.