Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

IU at Illinois Game Thread 03/01 2 PM BTN

I hope Archie says a little something about those late calls in his post-game presser. ... You don't want to sound like a whiner, but it's always good to plant a little seed in the head of refs for future games that you don't enjoy getting screwed. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Any takes on Archie lunging towards Al? That’s not an ideal interaction at an Indiana considering our history.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Don't want your coach to lunge at you? Don't f*ck up in a key spot in the game. Pretty simple. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Any takes on Archie lunging towards Al? That’s not an ideal interaction at an Indiana considering our history.

I would hope we are hot at a point in history where simply taking a step toward a player you are upset qualifies as even a blip of a story.

I was ok with it. Actually, I liked seeing it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Doesn't matter. They obviously don't respond to that. Looks good for us fans BUT What do they respond too?

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

20+ games too late.

26 minutes ago, ILHoosier said:

Doesn't matter. They obviously don't respond to that. Looks good for us fans BUT What do they respond too?

Yeah, but he wasn't doing it to 'look good to the fans'.  He did it because he was upset about a player screwing up at a very important of the game.  If we want coaches to be robots and not show emotion, then let's just call the thought police on him.  In terms of players responding to it or not.....they most certainly don't respond to it if it something a coach does over and over again and in situations less critical.  But let's see if Al ever calls a timeout with less than thirty seconds left in a game when the bench wasn't calling for one again.

16 minutes ago, ILHoosier said:

I've watched a lot of Big 10 games this year and that was one of if not the worst officiated game the last 3 minutes of the year so far. Officiating in the big ten this year is probably worst I've seen ….ever. Better team won. They wanted it more. Again we were soft finishing at the rim. Guards still a step slower on defense that any guard combo in the league. We are just average still and will continue to be this year. Brad Underwood. 3 yrs. 2nd place in Big. Archie just trying to stay above cut line. Average coach average team. Underwood's kids have bought in. Not so for CAM. Now my phone is blowing up since I live in the middle of Il. 

Pretty fair assessment

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I like that much better tbh.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm in the camp that players don't respond to getting yelled at time and again.  But that's not what we are talking about here.  The reaction from Archie in this case was different than normal but involved absolutely nothing physical.  I guess I'm not seeing why this is anything.

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Archie did nothing wrong. I’m glad he’s finally showing passion and intensity

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe. Depends on the kid.

Izzo gets in his players faces verbally every game. It seems to work for him. But it’s verbally aggressive without the lunge.

Either way. Refs sucked today. emoji23.png

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, this one isn't simply getting verbally aggressive.

On a positive note, Rob hit some big shots at the end. It would be nice to see that carry from here on out. Also, I’d like to see some plays for Hunter to get him free. Two of his shots today were huge

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners