Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

IU at Illinois Game Thread 03/01 2 PM BTN

1 minute ago, tomallenfan said:

Utter BS. Game was stolen by the refs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Bad calls for sure, but can’t overlook Davis missing two FTs, Phinisee tripping over himself and losing the ball, etc.  

Played hard.  I am disappointed in the loss.  Also sorry that this late in the season the fact that IU played hard today is a moral victory.

Who threw the elbow at Rob?  I missed it.

#20 for Illinois during a tied up ball. Rob hustled to tie #20 up and he elbowed Rob in the chest. No call, even after a review.

I’ll add that it wasn’t an inadvertent elbow either. #20 started jawing with Rob right after. Pretty obvious missed call

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Candy Stripes said:

Bad calls for sure, but can’t overlook Davis missing two FTs, Phinisee tripping over himself and losing the ball, etc.  

And the worst case out of that was a jump ball with I believe IU possession.  Somehow even the refs didn't allow that to happen.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

And the worst case out of that was a jump ball with I believe IU possession.  Somehow even the refs didn't allow that to happen.

That was so bad. How is that not a jump ball? Illinois had a **** one called earlier for them as well

So IU puts up 43 shots and Illinois puts up 40, but the Illini get 24 free throws and IU 12?
Okay.

IU was taking it at them too. Rarely settled for outside shots. There were at least 2 that Cockburn clearly fouled on and got away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've watched a lot of Big 10 games this year and that was one of if not the worst officiated game the last 3 minutes of the year so far. Officiating in the big ten this year is probably worst I've seen ….ever. Better team won. They wanted it more. Again we were soft finishing at the rim. Guards still a step slower on defense that any guard combo in the league. We are just average still and will continue to be this year. Brad Underwood. 3 yrs. 2nd place in Big. Archie just trying to stay above cut line. Average coach average team. Underwood's kids have bought in. Not so for CAM. Now my phone is blowing up since I live in the middle of Il. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

That was so bad. How is that not a jump ball? Illinois had a **** one called earlier for them as well

It is 1000% a Big Ten ref looking for the cheers from the home fans at the end of a game.  Sorry your JUCO college basketball career is over, stripes, but how about doing it right instead of feeding your ego?

1 minute ago, ILHoosier said:

I've watched a lot of Big 10 games this year and that was one of if not the worst officiated game the last 3 minutes of the year so far. Officiating in the big ten this year is probably worst I've seen ….ever. Better team won. They wanted it more. Again we were soft finishing at the rim. Guards still a step slower on defense that any guard combo in the league. We are just average still and will continue to be this year. Brad Underwood. 3 yrs. 2nd place in Big. Archie just trying to stay above cut line. Average coach average team. Underwood's kids have bought in. Not so for CAM. Now my phone is blowing up since I live in the middle of Il. 

How do 'teams that want it more' and 'better teams' get outboarded badly and have to really on missed calls to win?