Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

IU at Illinois Game Thread 03/01 2 PM BTN

Refs didn't cost us the game, but they sure didn't help. 
That missed foul on Al's 3-pointer and the phantom U of I possession and the TO were really, really, really egregious and costly. 

Agreed. How about rue elbow to the face that was reviewed and NOTHING happened?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, NOLA Hoosier said:

Makes me not want to watch another game this season. What a complete and total joke. I almost NEVER complain about officiating, but that was stolen, pure and simple. 

Same. I try not to do that. Those calls were awful though

Well it does feel like we kind of got shafted out of a victory. Either way, love the fight from the Hoosiers on the road against a good Illinois team. I don’t think many expected it to be this close and am excited to whoop the Gophers and Badgers back at home. But man this stings a little.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Candy Stripes said:

At some point, Archie and the boys have to win these close road games.  Just knew they wouldn’t.  No moral victories anymore.  Wins and losses for me and that’s it.

If we played 5-6 other road games like we did today, we probably get a couple of them and we still aren't on pins and needles concerning the tourney. Instead we had a minimum 10-12 minute 'screw this' period about every road game that didn't even give ourselves a punch in the fight.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I can't watch any other college basketball games other than IU. The officiating is down right embarrassing.

Oh, it's there. We had the Journey tribute band at the Shrine in Terre Haute last night, and had both TV's on college basketball in our room, serving mixed drinks, and the calls were HORRIBLE as well!