Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

POTFB Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers vs. Purdue Boilermakers (2/27 at 7PM on FS1)

12 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Brando’s love affair with Al was bizarre. Glad that’s over. Now I have to endure the Illinois game Sunday. That should be fun. 

With Brando on the Champaign champagne mic-a-row-phoner.

No doubt!

That one was very winnable, and we came out of the gate ready to play, then cowered when it was time to finish the play, over and over and over again.  I know it is tough down there in the paint, but tough down there in the paint is what this team is built to do very well.  We had chances, and literally almost never finished the play.  We fumbled on the goal line repeatedly.  That is hard.  We need closers up front.  Race and Deron looked like closers tonight.  Deron forced Haarms to the bench, and forced them to bring in their version of Deandre Thomas to replace him.  It seems we should have been able to capitalize off of that, but some surprising sulking from our biggest star, albeit a freshman so it is at least forgivable, and that contributed largely to our defeat tonight.  We know our guards can't hit a bull with a bass fiddle, and they showed us again they are not able to do that tonight to remind us we need to hang our hat on the power ground game.  Again, we are built to win playing a power ground game, but too many of the guys we rely on to open up holes, and plow through holes acted like they simply could not do that, and too many big guys seemed to give up too easily.  It is very late in the season, and we need wins now, when every team in the country is out there on the floor playing the best basketball of their seasons.  I don't know if IU is going to make it this year.  IU looked ready to play when they hit the floor tonight, but far too often their faces and body language screamed 'uncle' when the fight hurt, and tonight again, as usual, that hopelessness gave the other team endorphin and adrenaline rushes that put them on runs both big and small, that separated the other team from us, and put all of our efforts tonight to nil.  I cannot imagine how bad it must feel for the IU players on the court tonight to know they had so so so many chances to finish, but did not.  They must already know so many things they should have done differently and better tonight, but wait until they see the game film, and see so many things they could and should have done better and differently.  We could have won the game tonight on the road at Mackey against Purdue, but we didn't.  Purdue isn't even that good this year, but they swept IU this year.  Again.  We have not beaten Purdue in over 4 years.

12 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

And just like that, all the optimism from a few days ago is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Nah. Momentum killer? Yeah kind of. But we just need to move the hell on. We’re still in good shape. Work to do still, sure. But this definitely doesn’t just erase all the optimism. 

As predictable as anything. Another fast forward game. Amazing how many games I’ve watched this year in FF.

Another loss this weekend.

Hope we can win the homes games.

Our guards absolutely suck!

We might be the worst NCAA tourney team ever.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Lol step away from the ledge Wayne.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

God, I just want Archie to explode in a postgame presser one time after his team plays like chit. Just once....don’t know why, would just make me feel better lol. 

“Gotta give Purdue a lot of credit...” come on, Archie...