Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

How Far Can This Team Go?

Looking very likely that IU will be a tournament team. 

Is it too soon to discuss just how far this team can go in the NCAA tourney? Nah; never too soon!

To me? They feel like a team that could get rolled by ‘Northeast Wyoming State’ in a play-in game, or one that could bust brackets and get to the final four.

What say y’all?

Ok I admit it, I looked up Northeast Wyoming State. I feel very confident we will not lose against them. I have no idea how we do against anyone else though. I hope we take advantage of our remaining games though to improve our seeding and more importantly give us confidence and momentum going into the tournament.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

26 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

I told a friend earlier I think this is a team that could at least get to the Round of 32. 

That is what I believe is realistic. They are a decent team, but not great. I would be very content with a win in the BTT and one in the NCAA's. Who am I kidding? I'll be thrilled if they MAKE the NCAA's.  

I’m just looking forward to seeing the word INDIANA on a line when filling out my brackets.

But I agree, they can get blown away in round one or surprise some teams. Depending on the draw, if we show up locked in and can shoot, I would say a sweet 16 is the furthest but not anticipating anything more than a round one win hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm gonna say round of 32 is the floor and elite 8 is the ceiling. But that could change depending on what Indiana team shows up. If we get the IU that showed up against Iowa, we can beat anyone. If we get the IU that showed up for the Purdue game, we could get bounced early. Hopefully this team is past that because I miss watching Indiana in the big dance.

I just want to get into the tournament. Still nervous!

Yeah I think if this team were to make the tournament, I believe they could make some noise but I’m not expecting we make it until I see it glass across that CBS screen.

The tourney is all about guard play. If we could get steady solid guard play we could win a game or two. If our guards somehow manage to play beyond steady solid IU could make a little noise. A lot will depend on if their give a damn is turned on for that game.