Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Penn State - 2/23/20 @ Noon

Just now, mookied39 said:

I am not saying what you are saying is necessary wrong.  You just repeat yourself.  Kinda like the wife.  If you can't see that.....no worries.  Enjoy fan.

Perhaps the reason multiple people seem to be repeating themselves is because you aren’t understanding it. Just a thought 

Not thrilled with Brunk starting at this point, but one thing that is happening when he does is to absorb some of the early fouls that our other bigs would be getting.

When Brunk is on the floor, I end up rooting for him to pick up fouls so he can get back to the bench. He is an asset in some matchups, but if he has to get matched up against an athletic big, it's a mess.

Imagine if we'd had Race to match up with Jalen Smith against Maryland instead of Brunk. We likely win easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Brunk is on the floor, I end up rooting for him to pick up fouls so he can get back to the bench. He is an asset in some matchups, but if he has to get matched up against an athletic big, it's a mess.

Imagine if we'd had Race to match up with Jalen Smith against Maryland instead of Brunk. We likely win easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m cautiously optimistic about Race. He’s been with the team for almost 3 years and has had a couple game stretch where he has looked good.

I hope it isn’t fools gold and that he continues to progress

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

Brunk May be struggling right now but he was critical to some of our earlier success. Back when Race was not ready. I agree that Race is playing better right now but I still appreciate what Brunk has done for us. I think once he gets back to letting the game come to him he will be helpful again

I think to some extent it’s just teams adapted to him. Whether we can find a new way to use him to surprise teams is going to be interesting. 

Crazy thought: if we hadn't crapped our pants against Maryland's press, we'd be 2 games out of first right now. 

And although not a conference game, add Arkansas to that as far as overall record. I’d love to have both games back

Brunk played 6 minutes. Franklin played 5 minutes. DeRon played 11. Damezi played 0. 
Everyone else played at least 20.
WHO THE HELL ELSE DO YOU WANT THE MINUTES TO GO TO?!?
yeesh

Wait, Wait, Wait! Hold on just a minute there. Are you telling me Damezi still plays here??? Stop your lies.

Remember this happened last year where we caught ourselves at end but it was to late. This year it is not to late for a late season surge to put us in NCAA tourney.

Its almost like jumped off a cliff the last two years. Last year though they did not get the parachute open in time on the dive and landed to fast (the late season surge was to late to make NCAA tourney). This year they got the parachute open in time and that should lead us back to NCAA tournament hopefully. 

Nice we started winning while on bubble this year to play our way much safer in vs. last year we were so far off the bubble the late season surge only got us back on it barely. 

6 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Remember this happened last year where we caught ourselves at end but it was to late. This year it is not to late for a late season surge to put us in NCAA tourney.

Its almost like jumped off a cliff the last two years. Last year though they did not get the parachute open in time on the dive and landed to fast (the late season surge was to late to make NCAA tourney). This year they got the parachute open in time and that should lead us back to NCAA tournament hopefully. 

Nice we started winning while on bubble this year to play our way much safer in vs. last year we were so far off the bubble the late season surge only got us back on it barely. 

We’d have to go 1-7 from here on out to get to last year’s record. And last year’s team was one of the last four out!

I don't feel like looking it up but I'm pretty certain this has been the cadence for Archie the last 3 years. Front end of schedule goes well... Some weird loss streak happening mid way.. then the heat turns on 4-6 games before BTT. Is that just a thing with Archie's teams? Just like people bagging MSU early then Izzo slowly puts it together in Feb/March.

We beat the #9 team in the country. We don’t suck gang!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Agreed! I thought there’d be more enthusiasm after this win (especially adding this to the last win on the road).