Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 28 - @ Purdue 2/27/20)

This game is just too important for PU and the students/grads.  They will be more than ready and shoot out their arses as they generally do v IU.

It isn't fun picking against the Hoosiers, especially when they are playing Purdue.  This game should be a slam dunk for the Boilermakers.  They handled the Hoosiers with ease in Bloomington on Bob Knight Day when the game really meant something.  You would think the game at West Lafayette would be even tougher.

Is there a glimmer of hope?  You betcha.  Against common opponents IU is 14-13 and Purdue is 9-16.  Against "LIke" opponents IU is 9-9 and Purdue is 7-13.  IU has the advantage in both cases.  Purdue just isn't that good.  IU is looking at a NCAA bid and Purdue should probably start thinking NIT.  On the other hand we have the home/away problem.  Purdue is 10-4 at home and IU is 2-6 away.  That certainly doesn't count in our favor.

IU has a better offense than Purdue.  Yes, hard to believe.  We are scoring 72.16/game and Purdue checks in at 68.55.  That is a spread of almost 4 ponts in favor of the Hoosiers.  On defense Purdue tops us 63.65 to 67.74.  Again about a 4 point spread.

Bottom LIne this looks like a close game, if both teams show up to play.  Based on the home court advantage and the fact that Purdue beat us in Bloomington, I'd be a sucker to pick the Hoosiers.  But this is a rivalry game and you can probably throw out everything that has happened in the past.

Call me sucker for picking with my heart and not with my head.

Hoosiers 72   Purdue 63  Let's shut up those "IU sucks" chants!

Really want to go with our boys but...Purhoo coming off of 4 staight losses including 2 at home, this is a must need for them. Porkchop is 14-5 against IU and hasn't tasted a loss against an Archie coached team. Embarrassed us on Bobby Day! Can right the ship somewhat tonight. Hmmm! Vegas has Purhoo as 6pt fave.

71-62 Toiletmakers