Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

Beilein will be available.....

No. I understand you and others are ok with playing in the weeds. I'm not.
Especially someone who illegally records phone calls to a recruit, leads him to admit something that didn't happen to get another program in trouble.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Were you more than ok to have an abusive and violent head coach?

Phone calls and recordings are nothing compared to what Knight was doing.

I hate this moral high road that many take here that were huge fans of Knight and our winning ways

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I hate this moral high road that many take here that were huge fans of Knight and our winning ways

Playing in the gray is just part of the game if you want to win big.

And if we strike out on all of them?

Well my comment was in relation to where I would place Beilein in relation to mid major coaches. But if you want to play the we can’t attract any coaches game look at Rutgers. They had a dumpster fire of a basketball program and the found an older guy who was up to the task and he had them playing competitively fairly quick. He may not have a high ceiling but he sure has them rolling this year.

Well my comment was in relation to where I would place Beilein in relation to mid major coaches. But if you want to play the we can’t attract any coaches game look at Rutgers. They had a dumpster fire of a basketball program and the found an older guy who was up to the task and he had them playing competitively fairly quick. He may not have a high ceiling but he sure has them rolling this year.

If we would have hired Pickiel(Sp?), people on this board would have been apoplectic.

If we would have hired Pickiel(Sp?), people on this board would have been apoplectic.

Sigh, you seem determined to argue with me. Let’s go back. Someone said they did not want Beilein and my response is that I would not call him first but I would call him before I got to calling the mid majors coaches.

You came in and switched to the what if no one says yes debate. That is fine to have but is separate from the discussion on would you like Beilein as our next coach. Purely speculation this point about an historically good coach who now is available.

If we don’t make the tournament this year then I support moving on from Archie and then you could ask your question. If we play well down the stretch and make the tournament I support giving Archie at least one more year.

In hindsight, I was wrong and he should had been reigned in. And yes I don't want someone in the weeds. Especially someone who did what he did to another program. I can't stand Illinois, but what Pearl did to them when he was an assistant at Iowa, is worse.

In hindsight, I was wrong and he should had been reigned in. And yes I don't want someone in the weeds. Especially someone who did what he did to another program. I can't stand Illinois, but what Pearl did to them when he was an assistant at Iowa, is worse.

Calling out a cheating program? Yes, he did it in a crazy fashion but ultimately he just was trying to prove they were cheating and they were.

All the big programs play in the gray and lot of crappy ones do too.

The moral high ground stuff is ironic, especially from Bob Knight fans.

I’m pretty sure 99% of those players under coach Knight knew what they were getting into and knew what they could become if they survived their time at IU.

I’m pretty sure 99% of those players under coach Knight knew what they were getting into and knew what they could become if they survived their time at IU.

I think they knew he was going to be tough and perhaps knew they were going to get chewed out and cussed at but I don’t think anyone signed up to be pushed into lockers, choked, punched, kicked etc. he was also verbally abusive to staff and administrators.

I was a huge knight fan and I like a little edge, hard nosed attitude but he took it too far and got away with it for too long, should have never happened. Maybe I do, maybe I don’t get a pass but I was 0-17 when he was here so I didn’t have a clue he was that way but a lot of people did and ignored it.

Point is, we have never had a squeeky clean, choir boy at the helm. Everyone of our coaches since can likely be tied back to some shady dealings. The difference between our last 4 coaches and programs like UK/Duke/Kansas etc is that I think it is engrained in everything they do where we do things sporadically like Josh Smith, Devin Ebanks, Noah Vonleh, Romeo Langford.

4 hours ago, 8bucks said:

And he's in his 4th year.