Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

Beilein will be available.....

43 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Before Beilein Michigan missed the NCAA tourney from 1999 to 2007. Then missed the first year of his tenure in 2008. Made the NCAA tourney in 2009. Missed in 2010. Then made the tourney in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, missed in 2015, made it in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

But they were 44-23 in the two years prior to him taking over. Just so we have all the facts. 

Respect the opinion of those that wouldn't want him unless its because of his age. Coach K is 73, Roy is 69....Beilein has at least 4 or 5 good years left in him and we just need someone to get the program on the right track. It shouldn't be a blocker that they are expected to be with IU for X number of years. This program just needs momentum and a winning attitude. 

I would prefer to swing for the fences again with someone younger but proven. Bennett, Billy D, Chris Beard etc. but before I go with a mid major guy (Crean or Arch) I would take Beilein and not be upset.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

But they were 44-23 in the two years prior to him taking over. Just so we have all the facts. 

And in the NIT. He was clearly a step up from Amaker. And then 4 guys graduated from that NIT 2nd round team the year before Beilein. The 4 best players on Beileins first team was a freshman Manny Harris and a sophomore DeShawn Sims who went from 9.4 mpg to 28. They did have Ekpe Udoh who averaged the 3rd most points on the team at 6 and a freshman Kelvin Grady who the 4th most points at 5.6. That was a terrible team. His 2nd year though Harris and Sims made jumps under Beilein, he brought in guys like Zack Novak, Stu Douglass and Luval Lucas Perry who all shot 34+% from 3 as freshmen. And even though Ekpe Udoh has transferred out, they went to the NCAA’s led by a star sophomore in Manny Harris. Though they did lose to a 2seed Oklahoma team that had a sophomore Blake Griffin. His 3rd year wasn’t good and for a reason I’m not sure. They did have a rough non conference where they lost to Marquette, Alabama, Boston College, Utah and Kansas.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So he’s only going to go somewhere that has a bunch of 3pt shooters? So he’s going nowhere?

I don't expect him to go to a big school. But I'm also not the one who started the thread. 

I don't expect him to go to a big school. But I'm also not the one who started the thread. 

Well Texas will have an opening. And I wouldn’t be surprised if USC, UConn, Northwestern, Minnesota have openings. I’m sure there will be others. Maybe Texas Tech if Beard goes to Texas.

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Also isn't his offense about making 3's? So why would he want to come to IU with our roster? Just my first thoughts. 

I doubt Beilein would come here, and even more doubtful of the administration doing what it would take to land him.  I'm not sure our shooting woes are entirely on the players, it wasn't unusual for Miller's Dayton teams to have the same problem and they pretty well always sucked at the line.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I doubt Beilein would come here, and even more doubtful of the administration doing what it would take to land him.  I'm not sure our shooting woes are entirely on the players, it wasn't unusual for Miller's Dayton teams to have the same problem and they pretty well always sucked at the line.

We absolutely have to bring in a shot doctor, no doubt 

25 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Also isn't his offense about making 3's? So why would he want to come to IU with our roster? Just my first thoughts. 

...bringing on Max Beilfeldt as an assistant to get that straightened out?

I posted last season how players had regressed at the free throw line and at the 3 point line from the time they were with Crean to Archie. Haven’t taken a look this year, would likely need to base it on high school vs Archie for the newer players.

I am 100 percent convinced our shooting woes is archie fault. It has been to consistent to be a player only thing at this point

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think it is - when your team is never a good shooting team, there is usually a correlation back tot the coach. doesn’t help he hired a football trainer either which I believe has thrown off strokes/muscle memory etc.