Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

Beilein will be available.....

35 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

It is horrid! Especially on the road. On the road, our average defeat is by 16ppg. That is ridiculous.

Right now losing by 20+ is less surprising than not looking lost on the road (or quitting).  That's equally ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Beilein was 43-56 in his first 3 years at Michigan so most of you on here would have wanted him fired by now. 

He at least showed he was capable of winning in the big Ten something Archie has shown little to no ability of 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He at least showed he was capable of winning in the big Ten something Archie has shown little to no ability of 

Not in his first 3 years. They finished 7th, 7th, and 9th. He didn't win the Big Ten till his 5th season. Finished 4th his 4th season

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not in his first 3 years. They finished 7th, 7th, and 9th. He didn't win the Big Ten till his 5th season. Finished 4th his 4th season

Fair enough. Still don’t see a path forward for Archie. Team is still making same mistakes nobody coming in is going to be ready to help and our players don’t get better in the offseason. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Fair enough. Still don’t see a path forward for Archie. Team is still making same mistakes nobody coming in is going to be ready to help and our players don’t get better in the offseason. 

I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying if we're going to hold one coach accountable let's do the same for the other. 

Beilein’s first three years at IU would be nothing compared to his first three at Michigan. He’s an established name with tons of success in this league. It would be a pretty quick turnaround. Tourney team year two. Maybe even year one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I hope nobody seriously thinks Beilein will ever coach here. In fact, I'd say there's a better chance Archie Miller is still the coach two years from now than Beilein ever getting a chance. This university is so PC about everything, the "thugs" incident alone would probably make them steer clear; along with the thought that he might actually...(gasp)...win games and get popular or something. 

10 minutes ago, Drew L said:

Beilein’s first three years at IU would be nothing compared to his first three at Michigan. He’s an established name with tons of success in this league. It would be a pretty quick turnaround. Tourney team year two. Maybe even year one.

Say what you will about this year’s team’s performance but he’d also inherit a level of talent he didn’t at Michigan.

And you just totally missed the point that Chris made.  

His point is clear. He thinks we’d run Beilein out of town because he didn’t win the Big Ten at Michigan in his first 3 seasons. But he also wasn’t getting worse by the year like Archie has. He also made that pesky NCAA tourney Archie has been avoiding. If we got Beilein, how many would actually transfer after getting a coach of that caliber?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

His point is clear. He thinks we’d run Beilein out of town because he didn’t win the Big Ten at Michigan in his first 3 seasons. But he also wasn’t getting worse by the year like Archie has. He also made that pesky NCAA tourney Archie has been avoiding. If we got Beilein, how many would actually transfer after getting a coach of that caliber?

The same amount as right now, Smith, Durham or Anderson. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The same amount as right now, Smith, Durham or Anderson. 

I can totally see Justin and Damezi. Justin, because I don't get the sense that he and Archie have ever been on the same page, and if he finishes work toward his degree, he can leave as a grad transfer. ... Damezi, because he just doesn't seem to be good enough at the Power 5 level and/or he just clams up in games and doesn't perform when called on. 

But why Al? ... I've been disappointed in his play for the most part this season, but he starts every game and gets plenty of PT. What are the issues with him? 

Not doubting you or anything -- I'm just curious. 

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I can totally see Justin and Damezi. Justin, because I don't get the sense that he and Archie have ever been on the same page, and if he finishes work toward his degree, he can leave as a grad transfer. ... Damezi, because he just doesn't seem to be good enough at the Power 5 level and/or he just clams up in games and doesn't perform when called on. 

But why Al? ... I've been disappointed in his play for the most part this season, but he starts every game and gets plenty of PT. What are the issues with him? 

No reason I just looked at his credits and with summer classes he will be eligible to graduate. So he could be a grad transfer somewhere closer to home if he would like. 

Well Al clearly isn’t good enough to be starting. And might see the writing on the wall that his replacement for next season is either on the team or coming in.

Before Beilein Michigan missed the NCAA tourney from 1999 to 2007. Then missed the first year of his tenure in 2008. Made the NCAA tourney in 2009. Missed in 2010. Then made the tourney in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, missed in 2015, made it in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.