Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

Beilein will be available.....

Woj is reporting that Beilein and the Cavs are looking to part ways. If a big donor wanted to fork over the $$ to make a change after the season, that would be a big upgrade. 

I get Beilein just turned 67, but he could get this program back on track. Heck hire him and have him hire the HC in waiting as an assistant. 

I have said I’m not giving up on Archie, but if the opportunity arises to get who would be the top coach in the conference, you do it. 

Woj is reporting that Beilein and the Cavs are looking to part ways. If a big donor wanted to fork over the $$ to make a change after the season, that would be a big upgrade. 

I get Beilein just turned 67, but he could get this program back on track. Heck hire him and have him hire the HC in waiting as an assistant. 

I have said I’m not giving up on Archie, but if the opportunity arises to get who would be the top coach in the conference, you do it. 

Would he even want the job...?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Worth a shot. But we will sit on our hands. I could see Texas and UConn being suitors for him.

Unlikely that UConn is going to be open. Texas is a possibility but I’m not sure about that either. It’ll open but I’m not sure they’ll hire him since they are all in on Beard.

This probably will be unpopular here, but I've got no interest in Beilein. Not now. Not anymore.

The story goes that we had him all but signed, sealed and delivered back in 2006, but Adam Herbert put the kibosh on it because he wanted a black coach (and mistakenly thought Sampson is black). Whether that's true or not, I have no idea. Back then, I'm 100 percent in. Not anymore. 

There's a reason he left Michigan, and I think it's this: He didn't want to be chasing down 16- and 17-year olds and trying to persuade them to come play for him. He's pretty long in the tooth -- 67 -- and I think is at the end of the line in coaching. He just wanted to coach and had enough of the recruiting and all the other stuff that comes with college ball.

And if there's already discussion about leaving the Cavs after a half-season? I just sense his heart isn't in it anymore. 

Besides, after the 2006 debacle, would he even want to come here? Like the title of the old teenage novel: That Was Then, This Is Now. 

One of the main Michigan Bloggers, biggest Michigan site MGOBlog, said before the season started his fear would be Beilein left the Cavs and went to Indiana. He was adamant that Archie isn’t good enough and would be fired and that Beilein isn’t a fit for the pros. I think he is over confident in IU making a move but maybe the new AD will. 

Beilein was frustrated with the cheating but loves coaching. If he hired dynamic recruiters to go along with his X’s and O’s, then it could be a solid match for 5 years. Just have to have that long term lined up bc this is a short term move. Even if it’s a guy like Dane Fife coming in as associate head coach/HC in waiting. 

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

One of the main Michigan Bloggers, biggest Michigan site MGOBlog, said before the season started his fear would be Beilein left the Cavs and went to Indiana. He was adamant that Archie isn’t good enough and would be fired and that Beilein isn’t a fit for the pros. I think he is over confident in IU making a move but maybe the new AD will. 

Beilein was frustrated with the cheating but loves coaching. If he hired dynamic recruiters to go along with his X’s and O’s, then it could be a solid match for 5 years. Just have to have that long term lined up bc this is a short term move. Even if it’s a guy like Dane Fife coming in as associate head coach/HC in waiting. 

That’s what we need. A proven guy who can right the ship. 

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The one thing I’ll say:

Though it’s unlikely, if Belien was ever interested in a role like Phil Martelli currently has at Michigan, that’d be quite a home run.

Then Archie should hire him. Lets be honest Beilein knows offensive coaching/scheme. 

Who is going to fix our broke defense 
I am not a coach and I don't know all of the intricacies of Archie's defense. I have wondered though, if the players aren't doing a good job with it...why not go to a straight man-to-man? Easy to understand and each individual will be exposed of they don't show effort against their man.

Sent from my LM-G850 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, mbredenk101 said:

I am not a coach and I don't know all of the intricacies of Archie's defense. I have wondered though, if the players aren't doing a good job with it...why not go to a straight man-to-man? Easy to understand and each individual will be exposed of they don't show effort against their man.

Sent from my LM-G850 using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly you can still teach your defense but wait till you have the personnel before rolling it out.