Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU @ Michigan 2/16 1 pm CBS

3 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

How many wide open layups/dunks have they gotten off our hard hedge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t feel like I’m exaggerating by saying it’s been at least 75% of their points. Not sure why they don’t put us in a ball screen action on every single possession. 

Just now, Crimson and Cream said:

Davis and Durham keeping us in this but man what a terrible half defensively

Our guards can’t/won’t pressure ball handlers and Michigan is taking full advantage of our bigs over hedging because our guards are so terrible at ball screen defense. Archie needs to make the adjustment at halftime to stop hedging and let them jack up 3s. We can’t win giving up wide open layups all day

How does Archie recognize he has to adjust for Garza as a matchup nightmare but not livers.  Like how is that not obvious. 

Garza’s the best player in the country and Archie probably thought Smith or Trayce would be able to at least hang with Livers. Little disappointing to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We can't play this hedge defense with the personnel we have. Brunk and Davis aren't quick enough to recover for it. TJD isn't much better. So many of their points are on the pick and roll or getting blown by with the drive. I just don't understand why we don't abandon that.

I know Simpson has become a better 3 point shooter, but I'd still go under that screen until he knocks one down off the dribble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, I’d make him beat me with his shooting instead of getting beat off the dribble every single time, at least try it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app