Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JerryYeagley23

Game Thread - Iowa vs. YOUR Indiana Hoosiers (2/13 @8pm ET on BTN)

No.  9-11, yes.  But I'm not sure why after an important win you would try to be negative.
Realistic. Not negative. 2 of our biggest wins took Devonte going off to happen. Why would you take that opportunity to be positive in retrospect to the entirety of the season?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

In case anyone wants to know....

89 points is the most scored under Archie Miller against a ranked Big Ten team.

It is the first 80+ point game against a ranked Big Ten team since March 6, 2016 when we beat #14 Maryland 80-62.

89 points is also the most we’ve scored in regulation all season.

89 points is the most we’ve scored in a Big Ten game(in regulation) since scoring 89 against Northwestern on January 23, 2016 and scoring 103 against Illinois the game prior on January 19, 2016.

89 points is also the most we’ve scored against a ranked Big Ten team since beating #13 Maryland 89-70 January 22, 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Realistic. Not negative. 2 of our biggest wins took Devonte going off to happen. Why would you take that opportunity to be positive in retrospect to the entirety of the season?

....ummmm....because we won a game that we really needed to have?  Sorry if I'm positive about that.

And for someone being 'realistic' and not 'negative', it's kind of amazing how you were quoting YOURSELF in posts saying we would be 8-12, as if you were upset that others hadn't taken notice.

Let me be up front here. Been a die-hard IU fan since 84 as far as I know because that was the first pictographic image of me sitting on my dad's lap watching an IU game. I'm not a negative person in general but this program has given me little to be optimistic about over the 30+ years that I've had a clue. So when people come at me for being negative towards this program it hurts on 2 fronts. 1) I want as much as the rest of you to have reason for optimism/hope/arrogance like the rest of you 2) I'm actually a pretty positive person in general. I just don't get the warm fuzzy feeling from this administration I guess. I wasn't brought up on mediocrity being acceptable and I haven't lived my life that way so when I invest in something I expect it to return the effort I put into it. Yes I know that's leaving me to be dissappointed but that's what I was raised to expect.

Good:

Race with 10 points, 4 rebounds, 4 steals, 2 blocks.

After hitting just 13 of 23 to start, we hit our last 9 free throws.

15 offensive boards.

Green's shooting 7 of 11 from three and 11 of 21 for the team.

+10 on the boards.

RP shook off a bad first half and had a nice second half.

TJD continues to play well, 17/9

Bad:

17 turnovers

Couldn't stop Garza....but we haven't been alone there.

Limited Iowa's looks from three.

Could have hit free throws better in the first half.

Great game by our Hoosiers! This was a must win and the Hoosiers really fought for it. Have to keep up the momentum and have that fight against a solid Michigan team. If IU comes with a tough mindset and bulldog on the boards I really like our chances even though it will most likely be an uphill battle.

Thrilled for this win, but one game at a time and have to get focused for Michigan. Really liked our lineup of Trace, Justin, Race/Jerome, Rob, and Devonte today. Makes this team much more versatile and I hope that will be more of the norm. I know Devonte won’t always do that, but slide one of Devonte, Al, or Armaan (whoever is playing better).

While not huge stat stuffers, I thought DeRon, Justin, and Jerome had very nice games overall.

....ummmm....because we won a game that we really needed to have?  Sorry if I'm positive about that.
And for someone being 'realistic' and not 'negative', it's kind of amazing how you were quoting YOURSELF in posts saying we would be 8-12, as if you were upset that others hadn't taken notice.
What?

Devonte just got asked in the postgame presser- “ when you don’t have games like this what happens to you, like Purdue?” Pretty much asking why he has so many games with 0-2 points. Devontes only response “ inconsistency” very awkward question/answer

Devonte just got asked in the postgame presser- “ when you don’t have games like this what happens to you, like Purdue?” Pretty much asking why he has so many games with 0-2 points. Devontes only response “ inconsistency” very awkward question/answer

Seems like something he’s never been asked.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This player post game just got awkward.. 

Reporter - "devonte when you arent hitting any shots, where do u go?... Ur an NBA level offensive talent and you disappear for games scoring 2 or 3 points"

Devonte - I don't understand.. elaborate

Reported - you elaborate. Where do you go when your shots aren't falling. Ur too good for that . Purdue... Just one of several examples"

Devonte - inconsistent x5..

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Green got one of the toughest questions I’ve ever heard anyone ask a collegiate player.

I saw that too. Dang. The reporter wanted him to get introspective or something. I thought he might cry trying to self-analyze himself as a person. 

Good:
Race with 10 points, 4 rebounds, 4 steals, 2 blocks.
After hitting just 13 of 23 to start, we hit our last 9 free throws.
15 offensive boards.
Green's shooting 7 of 11 from three and 11 of 21 for the team.
+10 on the boards.
RP shook off a bad first half and had a nice second half.
TJD continues to play well, 17/9

Bad:
17 turnovers
Couldn't stop Garza....but we haven't been alone there.
Limited Iowa's looks from three.
Could have hit free throws better in the first half.

Agree with all. Concerning Garza, he got his points but I thought he was made to work for a lot of those. Several times TJD was right in his face and Garza drains it. I think that speaks to Garza’s scoring abilities more than anything

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app