Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

The Next Six Games

IU fans have never not shown up. I don’t expect that to change anytime soon.

In Creans first couple years attendance was rough. Tickets may have been sold out, actual attendance was a different story. That was with the $5 balcony seats even.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If that’s the case, and you are probably right, he wasted 2 years. Should have done it all earlier, but he didn’t have the foresight.

I kind of feel sorry for him, at least as much as anyone can for someone making 3+ Million a year.

He really seems lost. I think he thought, simply implementing his system would lead to wins.

I don’t think he has a clue why we aren’t winning. I think, he thinks we are close. But we are miles away from playing good basketball. I don’t even know if Archie teams play good basketball. It’s more a a win ugly type scenario he excels at.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Try to keep in mind, with what CTC left CAM, he had no choice. Couldn't get rid of anyone, so the 2 years of waste were the hand he was dealt. It would have been nice to see him perform better, but in my mind, these are not guys CAM would recruit. He is looking for defensive minded guys that understand the game....hopefully with some talent to go with it. I would not classify several of the names mentioned in this thread as guys that play that way. And Green is 100% a "Crean-style" guy, and 100% the opposite under CAM. I'll take my lumps, but I defend CAM if what I read is true. He couldn't make moves, Fisher says there's more to the story than people know and we simply have a few rotten eggs. I only wish CAM was more assertive with benching guys, but look at his situation (and stop comparing him to what Knight did against Illinois). RMK was not in a "bubble" situation, nor was he on a hot-seat. He had the luxury, earned, of doing whatever he wanted. CAM does not. Stress and pressure are the definition of his role right now. CAM wa dealt a hand of 3 queens, 1 king and an off suit ace the way I see it. That COULD play out, but most times doesn't.

7 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

In Creans first couple years attendance was rough. Tickets may have been sold out, actual attendance was a different story. That was with the $5 balcony seats even.

In Crean’s first 3 years we averaged 16,900; 14,300; and 15,300. I wouldn’t call that *rough* by any stretch of the imagination, although I’m sure you’ll try to tell me otherwise. 

The Iowa game is critical, in my opinion. Does this team show any more mental fortitude than we have seen so far? If not, there's no way we win any of our road games, and winning the home games will not be a given.

I think we are where many of us worried we were going when we still had a good record, but were playing uninspired basketball. Even if this team comes out and plays well against Iowa, there is nothing we have seen so far that shows us it will be sustained for long.

Unless this team comes out and shows us a side we haven't seen yet, I think we are looking at 2-4, with very little confidence going into the BTT.

2 hours ago, IU-DL said:

Try to keep in mind, with what CTC left CAM, he had no choice. Couldn't get rid of anyone, so the 2 years of waste were the hand he was dealt. It would have been nice to see him perform better, but in my mind, these are not guys CAM would recruit. He is looking for defensive minded guys that understand the game....hopefully with some talent to go with it. I would not classify several of the names mentioned in this thread as guys that play that way. And Green is 100% a "Crean-style" guy, and 100% the opposite under CAM. I'll take my lumps, but I defend CAM if what I read is true. He couldn't make moves, Fisher says there's more to the story than people know and we simply have a few rotten eggs. I only wish CAM was more assertive with benching guys, but look at his situation (and stop comparing him to what Knight did against Illinois). RMK was not in a "bubble" situation, nor was he on a hot-seat. He had the luxury, earned, of doing whatever he wanted. CAM does not. Stress and pressure are the definition of his role right now. CAM wa dealt a hand of 3 queens, 1 king and an off suit ace the way I see it. That COULD play out, but most times doesn't.

This is 100% correct. It doesn't fit the narrative most want and CAM could have done things better but this is true.  

3 hours ago, IU-DL said:

3 of a kind that are high face cards isn't 11th in a conference of 14.  You're chances of winning with that hand is far much greater with 14 playing on the table. 

At some point accountability of being able to develop 'the cards dealt' has to fall on the person playing the cards.

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

This is 100% correct. It doesn't fit the narrative most want and CAM could have done things better but this is true.  

I get his hands were somewhat tied. I also get that the players and CAM were at a new stage of their relationships. We expect that CAM should have known exactly what would happen 3 years down the road. I'm sure he thought everyone was starting with a clean slate and he could get the players to buy in to his methods.

I also agree that he could have, and probably should have done things better. Hindsight is always 20/20. Look how many people were optimistic that Green was going to be our go-to 15 ppg scorer this year. Many were optimistic about his senior year, but it just didn't work out that way.

It's just so frustrating that we are in this spot yet again. I get that CAM is going to be here next year. I still hope he is able to turn things around, but I have to say, I haven't seen any outward signs that its going to happen. If we know anything about him it is that he is very resistant to change. I think you will always be somewhat limited with that mindset. He really needs to have some serious reflection in the off-season and make correct decisions about the parts of his system he scraps, and what he is going to stick with, but improve.

No it doesn’t. 

See? I can play too. 

I’m sure you went to some of those games too. That $5 balcony seat let me go to some more games. Got to see Matt Roth go off while we were getting our butts kicked OSU. But there were a lot of empty seats everywhere. But there was also more hope, patience and understanding from the fans about where we were as a program.

The reason I dont care about Thursdays game? Because even if we win and I think we will (Somehow I still believe Assembly Hall helps us) we will lose all the upcoming roads games.

Most dejected I’ve been in a while and we still have tournament hopes according to the numbers. What a crazy year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The reason I dont care about Thursdays game? Because even if we win and I think we will (Somehow I still believe Assembly Hall helps us) we will lose all the upcoming roads games.

Most dejected I’ve been in a while and we still have tournament hopes according to the numbers. What a crazy year.

I'm in the exact same boat...I think we might win as well but I have zero hope for the tournament.

That’s where college basketball is now. Overall record doesn’t matter. Conference record doesn’t matter. If you have a couple good wins, you have a case for the tourney. I have a feeling we will see a 15-16 team get an at large eventually. Losses just don’t matter anymore.

That’s where college basketball is now. Overall record doesn’t matter. Conference record doesn’t matter. If you have a couple good wins, you have a case for the tourney. I have a feeling we will see a 15-16 team get an at large eventually. Losses just don’t matter anymore.

Not sure about that, but the eye test doesn’t matter like it used to. Tons of analytics. Many of us knew we had problems long before the losing streak. That’s the eye test. Some people are better at it than others.

I don’t even advocate that it should be used because no one can watch every team, every game, but if you do, you know the team better than any of the analytics.

Overall record matters. History says if you are not at least 4 games over .500 then you are not getting a bid. I think only 2 or 3 teams in the history of the tournament have gotten a bid with lower then that. I would have to check. Losses still matter. If you lose to a bunch of Quad 3 or 4 teams chances are you are not going to get a bid unless you have the quality wins to overcome those losses. Reason IU still has tournament hopes is they have 3 top 20 wins and other top 100 wins to go along with them. Also all their losses are to tournament quality teams. Arkansas has struggled lately but they are still a projected team. 0 chance you would ever see a 15-16 team make the tournament unless all 16 losses were to top 20 teams and all 15 wins were against top 20 teams. You are a absolutely right about conference record not mattering

Do you remember last year’s Indiana team with a couple good wins and a lot of losses that just missed the tournament?

Do you remember last year’s Indiana team with a couple good wins and a lot of losses that just missed the tournament?

6 Quad 1 wins. Reason they were left out was because of the 15 losses. No bad losses before the selection Sunday(bad to some not bad to committee. No quad 3 or 4 losses). If losing didn’t matter IU would of made the tournament last year with 6 Quad wins

We were an Ohio State win away. The fact we had that chance is ridiculous. We were 8-12 in conference. We sucked for the majority of the season.