Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

The Next Six Games

The next six games are:

Iowa at home

Michigan road

Minnesota road

Penn State at home 

Purdue road

Illinois road

What’d ya got ladies and gents?

What’s the fallout from less than inspiring outcome for these?

The “easiest on paper” games left are the last two: Wisconsin and Minnesota at home follow this stretch.

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The next six games are:

Iowa at home

Michigan road

Minnesota road

Penn State at home 

Purdue road

Illinois road

What’d ya got ladies and gents?

What’s the fallout from less than inspiring outcome for these?

The “easiest on paper” games left are the last two: Wisconsin and Minnesota at home.

There’s going to be no fallout if we lose the next 9. Other than the fan base will be livid. Archie is our guy for the time being. 

At this point I think 0-9 is more likely than 4-5. A tourney team this is not. 

I would predict 1-5 this stretch. Then split the last 2.  

Miss tournament again. No doubt in my mind. These kids don’t have it. We ain’t good. It’s more than a bad senior class or a “cancer” or whatever.

Major disconnect plus players who aren’t very talented. Bad recipe. I’m ready to move on.

Who can we hire that can recruit 2021? That’s my focus.

Archie stays, next year the same. Then 2021 is wasted. So instead of wasting 1 year it’ll be 2 or 3.

That’s why this is all so depressing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don’t think we can beat PSU. Clearly we don’t have a home court advantage with this team. PSU will have the confidence from beating us last time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we beat PSU or Iowa at home. I cant look at the schedule and say Im 100% confident in winning any remaining games though.

I don’t think we’ll beat Iowa. They’re loaded with shooters and we love to leave them wide open, plus our usual advantage down low is going to be negated because Garza is way better than anyone we have. Going to eat Brunk for lunch. 

2-4.

After that, I think IU finishes regular season 17-14, maybe 18-13 if they're really really lucky with Minnesota. Same situation with tournament bubble as last year, and naturally we lose the first B1G tournament game.

Rinse, repeat.

I’m hoping 2-4 the next 6 games and then 2-0 at home to finish. “Hoping” is the key word here. Then losing the 1st round of the B1G tourney and the 1st round of the NCAA.

Like Wayne, I have zero confidence in this group in regard to competitiveness and basketball IQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The really odd thing is that we seem to be very healthy at this point. Hunter is playing his best and seems to be finding a nice role.

Last year we had Hunter out, Romeo banged up and Rob with his concussion recovery. So the slide made a little bit of sense.

If we go less than 500 down the stretch it will be hard for anyone to make the case that we are better than last year despite being healthy this year. Or at least healthy when we needed it most - down the stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 - 6 in the final 8 games. If they lose to Iowa and Penn St. their win total may remain at 15 for the season. 17 - 14 would get them a NIT bid that I dont think would be very deserving. The one constant that has been the same for Millers 3 years in every game is Justin Smith. I wish they would just put him on the bench for a few games with no minutes. He looks like he has no idea how to PLAY the game and I cant say for sure if it is all him or if Miller puts him in a lot of bad positions(Green would have to stay on the bench also). Crean really worked Indiana over on that recruit. Problem with that is though is they dont even have a backup at that position which also goes back to Miller. Hunter is really it and I see him as more of a SG. It would be worth a try because I think he has played 25 - 30 minutes every game since his freshman year

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

The really odd thing is that we seem to be very healthy at this point. Hunter is playing his best and seems to be finding a nice role.

Last year we had Hunter out, Romeo banged up and Rob with his concussion recovery. So the slide made a little bit of sense.

If we go less than 500 down the stretch it will be hard for anyone to make the case that we are better than last year despite being healthy this year. Or at least healthy when we needed it most - down the stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I really thought injuries were the problem last year. This season is proving its deeper than that.

2-4 over the next 6. Then we win the last 2 road games, having a 19-12 record going into the BTT. 

Couple of a changes need to happen. Start Hunter and play Franklin more. Rob needs to be way more aggressive. 

edit: win last 2 home games. Lol