Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

Hunter and Franklin 3pt shooting

Nice post, appreciate the stats. I would agree they both look more comfortable. I was at the MSU game, and on the three Armaan hit in the second half to (I believe) tie us back up he looked really confident on that play. He went back to get the ball with intent and stepped right into the shot without hesitation. In a big moment when a ranked team is surging on your home court, no less. Good confidence from the freshman in that moment; hoping it continues to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't think you can read anything into such a small sample space.  I'm more comfortable with Hunter's shooting percentage going up than Armaan's because Armaan didn't come in known as a shooter.  

In terms of the sample space, if just one of Armaan's three point shots in the last five games had taken an unlucky bounce out, he'd be shooting 30% instead of 40%.  He's still a guy who has only hit more than one three pointer in a game two times all season.

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

I don't think you can read anything into such a small sample space.  I'm more comfortable with Hunter's shooting percentage going up than Armaan's because Armaan didn't come in known as a shooter.  

In terms of the sample space, if just one of Armaan's three point shots in the last five games had taken an unlucky bounce out, he'd be shooting 30% instead of 40%.  He's still a guy who has only hit more than one three pointer in a game two times all season.

It is a small sample size but Franklin was also a 37% 3pt shooter in high school. His uptick over the last 5 games could be a good sign that he is now shooting at his historical levels. 

3 hours ago, Feathery said:

It is a small sample size but Franklin was also a 37% 3pt shooter in high school. His uptick over the last 5 games could be a good sign that he is now shooting at his historical levels. 

I'm just not sure that 37% in high school with the closer line is something we should hang our hat on.  I hope he continues to get better but I'm not counting on him being the shooter we need.

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I'm just not sure that 37% in high school with the closer line is something we should hang our hat on.  I hope he continues to get better but I'm not counting on him being the shooter we need.

He just needs to be 35%+. He was 50% today. He is progressing and is only a freshman.