Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

Will need to find some Linton games. Watched the 2A championship game against Blackhawk and Hart had a big 1st half, but in the 2nd Roth flipped Kellen Pickett, who’s 6’7”-6’8” onto him and Hart couldn’t beat him off the bounce and couldn’t make contested looks. Need to see more. 

52 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

UK collectives are going to throw real NIL money at two star freshman Joey Hart?

no way

52 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

UK collectives are going to throw real NIL money at two star freshman Joey Hart?

no way

I bet its pretty good better than UCF . Leal does alright at IU and never sees the floor . The way UK is right now . He will prob have to play a Lil bit at least and get paid . At least for a year . 

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Leal does have the advantage of being the hometown boy.  As for Hart, if he opts for pUKe he'll be recruited over so fast he'll never have time to unpack.   Until pUKe moved into panic mode, I  don't recall that Hart had an eye opening number of high major offers.  

I think his only high major offer was from Northwestern.

10 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Leal does have the advantage of being the hometown boy.  As for Hart, if he opts for pUKe he'll be recruited over so fast he'll never have time to unpack.   Until pUKe moved into panic mode, I  don't recall that Hart had an eye opening number of high major offers.  

Northwestern and UCF moving to the big 12 would be the 2 he had I think . Of course he will get recurited over . But if he goes to UK just an injury away from having to play at some point . Basket ball savvy family who will know what they are getting into wherever he goes. UK is showing showing some love . 

Edited by Muskie for three

49 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if we are in the mix here.

Here is what Davis said after he signed with UNC. Sounds like he would be a good pickup. Yes, I know they only say positive things about signees, but it still sounds like he's a really good all around player. CG so could play some PG if needed. Sounds like he wants to play PG so I could see that being an issue keeping IU out of the mix, at least if he's expecting to start year 1.

"We’re very excited about Simeon joining Carolina Basketball,” Davis said. “He has a skilled combination of size, athleticism, and competitiveness, is an excellent on-ball defender, can really shoot well, and is a fantastic finisher at the basket. What really sets him apart is his terrific understanding of when to pass and when to shoot.  He can be dominant on both ends of the court and he simply makes everyone around him better... Simeon and his family are the kind of people we are always looking for to be a part of this program.” 

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/article/breaking-unc-signee-simeon-wilcher-seeks-release-from-letter-of--209820477/

Looking at his ranking history is interesting. Started out in the top 10 of the class (247 composite) then slowly fell to finish at a still very good 34th.

3 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

This guy sounds like the one. I would take him over Reeves or Hart. Hopefully Makenzie can get in his ear and bring him on board. I get the concerns about 24 scholarships but we just have to let the staff sort it out.

Reeves would be my first choice for sure, without a doubt, without question!

Antonio Reeves is a proven, quick release, Power 5 conference, outside shot maker.

49 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Reeves would be my first choice for sure, without a doubt, without question!

Antonio Reeves is a proven, quick release, Power 5 conference, outside shot maker.

Yep without question and we are greedy and want Boogie Fland and Dylan Harper next season……. Or Passmore and Mustaf……. Or.  Travis Perry and Schwartz …..

lol. Anyway, we want 2 high level guards in 24. 

54 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

This guy sounds like the one. I would take him over Reeves or Hart. Hopefully Makenzie can get in his ear and bring him on board. I get the concerns about 24 scholarships but we just have to let the staff sort it out.

I’m not a bit concerned about 24 scholarships yet. You build a team one year at a time now and if you can land a Reaves or Wilcher right now you do it.

5 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Hubert will be gone next year... he might not make it to the end of the season at this rate

Edit: /hyperbole ... maybe

I don't think that's hyperbole. Outside of getting hot at the right time to have a good run in the NCAAT in his first season, UNC under Davis has been mediocre at best. Now he's losing recruits. Doesn't look good for him.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Trilly and Slater both suggesting there could be another decommit from UNC.  Entirely possible they both got it from the same source.

Assuming it isn’t Elliot Cadeau, who just reclassified to ‘23, that leaves only one incoming frosh, PF Zayden High, or a committed incoming transfer: wing Harrison Ingram, PF Jae’lyn Withers, or guards Cormac Ryan or Paxson Wojcik.

13 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Assuming it isn’t Elliot Cadeau, who just reclassified to ‘23, that leaves only one incoming frosh, PF Zayden High, or a committed incoming transfer: wing Harrison Ingram, PF Jae’lyn Withers, or guards Cormac Ryan or Paxson Wojcik.

Could also be Ian Jackson, who’s a 5-star ‘24 commit.