Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

26 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Apologies if already posted, but Goodman's tweet is the first post I have seen having mentioning IU 'in the mix' for Hart.624499609_ScreenShot2023-06-03at10_07_58PM.thumb.png.b4d65f335cbb9a3c17cda222be07eebf.png

My inference from this, the Sharajavmts top 5, and the relative quiet is the staff may not be all in on one target yet.

Can’t speak to Hart as a player. But I’d find it hilarious if UK wants him and he ends up at IU, given UK’s thin roster

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I would tend to agree but hearing it’s a done deal to UK.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

No problem there either; we’re playing with house money currently.

I will say; Goodman’s daughter is hot wired into IU and he might know something more than usual.

No problem there either; we’re playing with house money currently.
I will say; Goodman’s daughter is hot wired into IU and he might know something more than usual.

I agree. I could feel good about a lot of the options for the 13th scholarship.

My read, was that UK Twitter was hinting that Baker did the whole silent verbal before the news was breaking last night. I don’t care, but it is crazy to see him go from UCF to maybe Indiana or Kentucky without much happening in between.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, Muskie for three said:

Lil Joey was prob a kid that Archie would of went after . Surprisingly athletic for a small town 2a player . Shoots it well , coaches kid , fun to watch . Lot going on in the young man's life last few months .   

That would usually be enough to make me not want him since Miller was not very good at evaluating talent and fit. I do trust this coaching staff more, though.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I never got a high major contributor vibe from him, but I’m also not an evaluator. 

Gotta admit—it’s kinda comical and awesome that UK wants to bring Joey Hart in as their eighth man his freshman year, and instead he may come to IU to be Anthony Leal’s backup.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Gotta admit—it’s kinda comical and awesome that UK wants to bring Joey Hart in as their eighth man his freshman year, and instead he may come to IU to be Anthony Leal’s backup.

Unless he desperately wants to play as a freshman - regardless of what that means for him as a player/target of BBN whackos - I can’t imagine why you’d go to UK right now. 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Coyle is an awkward, cringeworthy, semi-dumbass. 

OF can’t bring himself to type it, but he may like the post in a flurry of “polite rage.”

I know nothing about Coyle, but that description sounds like 90% of the folks on the IU beat lol.