Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Depending upon who we might get in the portal, use the last scholly on Doughty and redshirt him if he's willing?

Could be a good situation.  Not sure it eventually helps landing Bidunga though.  lol  

11-13 are hard to keep happy.  almost impossible to keep happy.  Ideally though iron sharpens iron so get he best guys.  But then team chemistry comes into play.  A difficult and delicate balance.  I think we've learned Woodson doesn't put up with too much from a chemistry perspective.  It's hard not to assume the Duncomb situation turned into a little bit of that one way or another.  

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Depending upon who we might get in the portal, use the last scholly on Doughty and redshirt him if he's willing?

I think that would be fantastic, pending portal pieces.  He was definitely impressive against Bidunga who got 8 of his 19 pts with Doughty out of the game for about 3 or 4 minutes after getting his 3rd foul.  They had to get him back in quick.  Doughty plays hard and has a bit of a chippiness (in a good way) to his game that I like. 

I'm also in the camp that it makes sense to take a chance on a kid once in a while since no one plays more than about 9 or 10 anyway.  It's all 20/20 in hindsight, but it used to drive me nuts when the previous staff would bank scholarships, especially when kids like Pack, LaRavia, and Sparks were in state and almost assuredly would have came straight to IU if a chance was granted.

Not sure if the staff was or would be interested, but Logan Imes has also asked for a release from his LOI w/ Penn State.  Whoever takes over there is going to have quite the blank canvas to start from.

7 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

Not sure if the staff was or would be interested, but Logan Imes has also asked for a release from his LOI w/ Penn State.  Whoever takes over there is going to have quite the blank canvas to start from.

Id assume he’s going to go to ND

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m jealous of USC getting Isaiah Collier. Kid is really really good

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Rare, rare vision and sense for tempo. Absolutely love the kid. Woody compared Hood-Schifino to Jason Kidd. Nah, got to see Kidd at a couple of events when he was in high school and Collier’s closer to that.

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

'23 Marvel Allen (Montverde Academy) has requested a release of his letter of intent from Georgetown.

https://www.on3.com/college/georgetown-hoyas/news/marvel-allen-requests-release-from-nli-with-georgetown/

Kevin Nickleberry was his lead recruiter at both LSU and Georgetown. Now at Florida St. Got to assume that’s the move.

Are the de-commitments way up this year? Seems that has been fairly rare in the past and there are a ton this season. Result of the portal mania?

Yup. Used to be mostly due to coaching changes. Now TP, draft entrants/returns/recruiting mania.

Nice thing for me is I no longer have to stress about fall HS recruitment because spring Portaling is wild. Plus the decommits. Just gotta keep that NIL high level.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

‘24 PG and UNC commit Eliot Cadeau is reclassifying to ‘23. Has been hands down the best PG in the EYBL this spring.

54 minutes ago, Demo said:

I shouldn’t insinuate he can’t play. Of course he can. He’s tough, competitive, good athlete. I just don’t much like his game. He went to Montverde with the idea of developing as a facilitator, but it just didn’t come. He doesn’t read the game that way. He’s a stone scorer. That’s fine, but his stroke has some funk and it’s kind of inconsistent. He can drive it, he’s got mid-range and he can make some contested looks, but he’s not efficient enough for me. But what I really struggle with is that his defense is completely tied to his offense. If he’s not scoring, he’s not helping. He was flat terrible in the Geico game they lost to Sunrise. In the right setting with the right coach he’s gonna be a good player, but if you give me the choice between Johnson and Jakai Newton I’m taking Newton every single time. 

Appreciated.  Yeah, the games I saw him he was a bucket getter and relentless, but I probably saw him hot.  So this all adds up.