Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

No sir.

Miller Kopp has been a substantially better shooter this year from both two and three.

About 8% higher than Essegian from each.

That’s surprising to me. Are their attempts similar?

On 3/5/2023 at 6:18 PM, Stuhoo said:

Essegian with higher volume and doesn’t have a big who draws doubles.

Love Essegian. Already very good and will get even better 

It is also comparing a 6th year Sr to a true freshman. To make it apples to apples... Kopp's freshman season he averaged 5pts on 32% from 3 and 70% from FT where Essegian is at 12pts on 39% from 3 and 89% form FT. 

watching Joey Hart from Linton-Stockton knock down 4 threes in the 1st half of their state championship makes me wonder why we didn't recruit him. Blackhawk scored 18 in the 1st half and that's how many Hart had.

6 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

watching Joey Hart from Linton-Stockton knock down 4 threes in the 1st half of their state championship makes me wonder why we didn't recruit him. Blackhawk scored 18 in the 1st half and that's how many Hart had.

Don't know the correct answer to your question but he was not inundated with high major offers so there's something with his game that doesn't inspire confidence.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't know the correct answer to your question but he was not inundated with high major offers so there's something with his game that doesn't inspire confidence.

It will be interesting to watch him in the Big 12 when UCF joins 

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Had nine high major offers and he's come out the 2nd half and hasn't hit a shot. I take back my earlier statament.

1 minute ago, ebridges24 said:

Had nine high major offers and he's come out the 2nd half and hasn't hit a shot. I take bak my earlier statament.

Northwestern was only power 6 offer.   UCF could count as power 6 now with them going to the Big 12.   Other 7 offers were mid major offers 

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Northwestern was only power 6 offer.   UCF could count as power 6 now with them going to the Big 12.   Other 7 offers were mid major offers 

I'm going by what the announcers said and that's what he said.

52 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Indy Star - 

Ben Davis senior Zane Doughty has requested his release from letter of intent at Valparaiso following coaching change.

I'm starting to wonder if we need to sign five or six, whether he might be getting that last scholly as a developmental, late-rising big. 

He has a big guy wingspan and really showed out against Flory in front of the whole staff. 

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm starting to wonder if we need to sign five or six, whether he might be getting that last scholly as a developmental, late-rising big. 

He has a big guy wingspan and really showed out against Flory in front of the whole staff. 

One thing I’ve learned from following football recruiting is that:

1. Scouting sites are loathe to admit they missed and move down players they ranked highly early, and

2. late risers are displaying ability closer to their college debut. They are physically closer to what they’ll be at college and less toolsy potential.

In concert, those two things mean that sometimes late risers are still underrated when the dust settles.

No idea if this applies specifically to Doughty but I trust the scout/eval talent of IU’s current staff. They all just saw him court side vs. one of the best HS players in the country. If they deem he’s good enough — redshirt or no — I’m inclined to trust them.