Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

March 13th the Transfer Portal opens.  Big, big day for the future of Indiana basketball.  

I think IU did quite well in the portal in 2021, when it ostensibly had plenty of PT to offer. I’m not too worried about it, as the work since then is good proof of concept that if you can play, you’ll have a role. They haven’t really brought in and buried any transfers who deserved more burn, IMHO, and IU can probably be a good sport for NIL ops.

It is important, but I’m not too worried right now. They wanted X and Kopp and got them. Players like CMW. This staff has proven to be strong in sprint recruiting battles.

Didnt really know where to put this 
67EE7D6F-9FD8-4B40-BB6F-BDBAD8A61EDD.thumb.png.fe1998e2a09f9cbac6d5d3d892e9a799.png

I guess it’s whatever. I think a lot of people want it to be Essegian. I don’t know, I mean I like him but he isn’t all that. I wouldn’t hate it, that’s for sure, but it’s not going to move the needle too much.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I guess it’s whatever. I think a lot of people want it to be Essegian. I don’t know, I mean I like him but he isn’t all that. I wouldn’t hate it, that’s for sure, but it’s not going to move the needle too much.

I got to see him play in person at Bloomington and would take him if the rumor is true. He has a really sweet stroke, moves very well off the ball and plays really hard. I didn’t look up his season numbers but he is the definition of an Indiana shooter. He would be ahead of either of the Kentucky players we are recruiting IMO.

I got to see him play in person at Bloomington and would take him if the rumor is true. He has a really sweet stroke, moves very well off the ball and plays really hard. I didn’t look up his season numbers but he is the definition of an Indiana shooter. He would be ahead of either of the Kentucky players we are recruiting IMO.

Yeah, he’s solid. Plays hard, etc…. Definitely can shoot the rock. Just not sure it’s what we need as a 30 minute guy to get us over the hump. Not likely to transfer to be a backup. Anyway, aLso not sure that is who is being referenced but it would make sense.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, he’s solid. Plays hard, etc…. Definitely can shoot the rock. Just not sure it’s what we need as a 30 minute guy to get us over the hump. Not likely to transfer to be a backup. Anyway, aLso not sure that is who is being referenced but it would make sense.

How would he look as a plug-in replacement for Kopp?

How would he look as a plug-in replacement for Kopp?

I thought about that. Probably pretty good. Quite a bit smaller. A little faster. Not likely to guard the 3 on defense. Probably a 2. Offensively and defensively so similar but different.

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Interesting thought on Essegian, his #2 KenPom comp for the season is Butler's Kellen Dunham (freshmen year).  A player that many on the board would have happily taken on a Crean roster at the time.  I am of course not saying Essegian will end up like Dunham, but it is an interesting comp.