Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

Clip of Pierce from his game this summer against Strive for Greatness. Matched up against a couple of highly regarded younger bigs and had a really nice game. Played physically for not the strongest kid. Made a couple of tough catches. Finished in traffic. Can move his feet. Reclassifying from ‘22 to ‘23, but that must put him in his age-appropriate class since he was able to play 17 last summer. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Flory, Flory, Flory!!!!

Somto, Somto, Somto!!!  

Get a big, get a big, get a big!

I’m not too terrified at the thought of having a frontcourt of Duncomb and Reneau. Depth is an issue but I think that combo can hold the fort. 

21 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I’m not too terrified at the thought of having a frontcourt of Duncomb and Reneau. Depth is an issue but I think that combo can hold the fort. 

Yeah, the scrimmage looked great for both of them.  Malik was THAT dude.  Duncomb was encouraging, but having a rim protecting big like Flory, or maybe even Cyril (idk-haven't spent too much time) makes a huge impact on the defensive end.  

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, the scrimmage looked great for both of them.  Malik was THAT dude.  Duncomb was encouraging, but having a rim protecting big like Flory, or maybe even Cyril (idk-haven't spent too much time) makes a huge impact on the defensive end.  

Don’t get me wrong, my preference is to land Flory. He’s elite and would put us in a very good position to be competitive next year. I just don’t see us having a realistic chance at landing either of those two you named. Hope I’m wrong. I’m just more optimistic about our team after seeing Reneau and Duncomb. Reneau is the real deal. Duncomb seems to have developed nicely. Hopefully he can get some meaningful mins this year to continue his upward trajectory. I’m far less concerned about the frontcourt today, than I was prior to this last game. Excited to see these guys stack up against more formidable competition. 

2023 additions seems to be down to transfers and a lucky decommit or reclass. Really need a solid class in 2024 to maintain momentum from this year. I would guess Sisley is the next IU commit (maybe after the UNC game). I hope IU doesn't regret not going after Garwey Dual. 

2 hours ago, vemmeistars said:

2023 additions seems to be down to transfers and a lucky decommit or reclass. Really need a solid class in 2024 to maintain momentum from this year. I would guess Sisley is the next IU commit (maybe after the UNC game). I hope IU doesn't regret not going after Garwey Dual. 

Where are you getting your time frame regarding a Sisley commitment?

On 10/31/2022 at 12:47 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Flory, Flory, Flory!!!!

Somto, Somto, Somto!!!  

Get a big, get a big, get a big!

Which one of them are you going to have play point, LOL? 

While it would be good to get at least one more big for next year, we will still have 2 more experienced bigs than we will PGs IF JHS goes pro. Hopefully we can pick up an experienced transfer in that scenario because I'm far more concerned about relying on a freshman PG and a collection of combo guards than I am the bigs. 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But only because Race will be gone by then

COVID comes back > season cancelled > next year is disrupted also > waivers rain down like sweet, sweet April showers > 27 year old Race Thompson plays point guard for the 2024 Indiana Hoosiers.