Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Seems likes we are scouting/trying to get involved with Isaiah Collier and Elmarko Jackson.  No idea to what level.  Both good players.  

#weneedbigs

Isaiah Collier?!!?

@Demo

Is there a link that implies we are back in the mix for Isaiah Collier?
I know we tried early but lost traction.
[mention=2640]WayneFleekHoosier[/mention] what did you see?

It’s a stretch but Rabjohns singles out names at UA elite 24 in a tweet.

Derik Queen
Boogie Fland
Tre Johnson
Isaiah Collier
Elmarko Jackson
Bryson Tucker

It’s an interesting list from IU’s mouthpiece.

Not sure there is any reciprocation at all.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It’s a stretch but Rabjohns singles out names at UA elite 24 in a tweet.

Derik Queen
Boogie Fland
Tre Johnson
Isaiah Collier
Elmarko Jackson
Bryson Tucker

It’s an interesting list from IU’s mouthpiece.

Not sure there is any reciprocation at all.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Gotta get the clicks!

On 8/22/2022 at 12:12 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

New 247 rankings

IU Notables

Newton 68 —> 86

Cupps 101 —> 107

Page 46–> 60.

Other notables

Collier now #1.

Xavier Booker #6

Kaiser #53

DHS #39

Coen Carr #45

Elmarko Jackson #18

Mirro Little #25

Kentucky, Duke, Oregon, MSU dominate the top.  

Should have never backed off Carr.

Per Tipton, IU was in to watch 7’0” ‘23 C Braden Pierce. From Woodstock, GA playing this year at IMG. Played AAU with Jakai Newton. Watched him in the game they played against Bronny James’ Strive for Greatness program and he was very good in that game. At the time his only offer was Charlotte. Couldn’t figure out why. Now he’s getting a lot of high major looks.

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Per Tipton, IU was in to watch 7’0” ‘23 C Braden Pierce. From Woodstock, GA playing this year at IMG. Played AAU with Jakai Newton. Watched him in the game they played against Bronny James’ Strive for Greatness program and he was very good in that game. At the time his only offer was Charlotte. Couldn’t figure out why. Now he’s getting a lot of high major looks.

In videos from a year ago he looked very stiff to me. 

This video from a month ago shows that he clearly has gotten better -- definitely a "true big." Still would be a project.

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In videos from a year ago he looked very stiff to me. 

This video from a month ago shows that he clearly has gotten better -- definitely a "true big." Still would be a project.

I'm fine with that- he can redshirt a year then sit behind Bidunga for another year of development before he's really needed. 

Braden Pierce (7'0" 230 lbs) will play for IMG Academy this season but played his traditional high school ball for River Ridge HS in Woodstock, GA and graduated earlier this year.  In May he announced he would attend IMG Academy to play on its Post-Grad National Team.  As mentioned above, he was a teammate of Jakai Newton for the Atlanta Xpress on the UAA circuit.

Rivals

Hudl

MaxPreps

In his 20 AAU games, he recorded over 6 reb. in 7 games.  He had 6 games with over 3 blocked shots.  

Gms Pts FG% 3P% FT% Reb Ast TO Stl Blk
22 AAU 20 6.9 41% 36% 59% 5.9 1.3 1.2 0.6 2.5
HS 21-22 28 11.6 47% 31% 70% 9.5 2.9 1.9 0.9 3.6
HS 20-21 29 7.0 39% 34% 54% 7.6 1.4 2.1 0.5 2.2
HS 19-20 19 2.0 40% 0% 56% 2.8 0.3 0.7 0.3 0.8

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Braden Pierce (7'0" 230 lbs) will play for IMG Academy this season but played his traditional high school ball for River Ridge HS in Woodstock, GA and graduated earlier this year.  In May he announced he would attend IMG Academy to play on its Post-Grad National Team.  As mentioned above, he was a teammate of Jakai Newton for the Atlanta Xpress on the UAA circuit.

Rivals

Hudl

MaxPreps

In his 20 AAU games, he recorded over 6 reb. in 7 games.  He had 6 games with over 3 blocked shots.  

Gms Pts FG% 3P% FT% Reb Ast TO Stl Blk
22 AAU 20 6.9 41% 36% 59% 5.9 1.3 1.2 0.6 2.5
HS 21-22 28 11.6 47% 31% 70% 9.5 2.9 1.9 0.9 3.6
HS 20-21 29 7.0 39% 34% 54% 7.6 1.4 2.1 0.5 2.2
HS 19-20 19 2.0 40% 0% 56% 2.8 0.3 0.7 0.3 0.8

Being a big this is part of it but would like to see better than 59% free throws....in his defense I feel like almost every recruit when stats are posted shoot below 70% on free throws lol

1 hour ago, Gnet550 said:

Being a big this is part of it but would like to see better than 59% free throws....in his defense I feel like almost every recruit when stats are posted shoot below 70% on free throws lol

Zach Edey always feels like he makes them to me, but I looked up his FT%.  71% 2 years ago and only 64% last season.  But for his size and oafishness, he seems to do better than I want.