Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

Sounds like we're waiting on others before deciding how hard to pursue Brady Dunlap, and that we'd be a top contender if we chose to:

On how interested he is with Indiana:

“I’m very interested. Obviously, the basketball is just crazy. The history, the building erupts. I’ve looked up videos. They’re so passionate, the fanbase. Every time I’m at an EYBL game, I see somebody in the stands with Indiana gear. It’s super cool so I’m very interested if they want to end up to start heavily recruiting me.

On whether Indiana is a school that could receive a visit:

“It depends on how well the coaching staff likes me. If they’re all in and they’re recruiting me hard and I’m talking to the head coach, for sure. Most definitely.”

Well dang I felt like Coach Woodson could have tapped into that aggressive athleticism and really helped him grow as a player. Hope we still have a shot with him if all the other names do not pan out. He does not really fit a need ie. shooter or big but he could turn into a defensive stopper or human highlight reel to ignite the Assembly Hall crowd.

46 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

Well dang I felt like Coach Woodson could have tapped into that aggressive athleticism and really helped him grow as a player. Hope we still have a shot with him if all the other names do not pan out. He does not really fit a need ie. shooter or big but he could turn into a defensive stopper or human highlight reel to ignite the Assembly Hall crowd.

We’ve got some athletic SHOOTERS in play.

That outranks athletic non-shooters.

I'm not even sure IU is even recruiting him anymore. He's really far down the list of recruits we want right now.
I hope that doesn't burn any bridges with the family. From the few tweets I've seen, his mother seems to love the idea of Coen attending IU. I don't want families thinking our coaching staff isn't genuine

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

I hope that doesn't burn any bridges with the family. From the few tweets I've seen, his mother seems to love the idea of Coen attending IU. I don't want families thinking our coaching staff isn't genuine

I think it has been communicated to him that we are wanting a big guy (Booker, Page type) and a shooter (Kaiser, Stojakovic) first if we miss out on those, he would be next. It's just tough since he's an athlete that doesn't shoot. I don't know if that is right or wrong, just know that's what the staff thinks this roster needs

I think it has been communicated to him that we are wanting a big guy (Booker, Page type) and a shooter (Kaiser, Stojakovic) first if we miss out on those, he would be next. It's just tough since he's an athlete that doesn't shoot. I don't know if that is right or wrong, just know that's what the staff thinks this roster needs
Understood. The roster needs definitely comes first. Even if Coen is an amazing kid with a great family, I trust our coaches!

Never been very high on the IU radar but Jaimie Shaw of Rivals with some comments on Joey  Hart (Linton-Stockton) and his opening day at the UAA event.

Joey Hart is not an unknown player. The Linton (IN) Linton-Stockton guard claims over 15 offers. You take a quick look through the offers, and it is the majority of midwest mid-majors.

It makes sense watching Hart play why some ACC and BIG 10 schools were sitting court-side. He is right there, possibly on the verge of those types of offers coming down the pipeline.

In his game on Day 1 of the UAA Session three, Hart showed a complete skill set. The jump shot will be the first thing noted. At 6-foot-5, Hart rises high on his release. His is a true jump shot, not a set shot. He is comfortable shooting off the catch or with his feet set and knocks it down at each level.

Hart is comfortable acting as a secondary ball-handler, getting the ball to its spots and delivering passes to his teammates. He also finished high above the rim, finishing a slight body down the stretch of yesterday’s game.

So here we are. Someone is going to have to be the first to give him an offer at the high major level. He may get there as more will be peeking in, and if he continues to have 20-point outings like on day one, it may be too much.

More from Shaw from earlier in the day:  

Joey Hart is an intriguing prospect for Grand Park. The 6-foot-5 shooting guard is a noted scorer, he does not force anything and has a complete skill set, able to pass, shoot, and handle in the half court. He showed the shot-making in this game, but what impressed the most was in crunch time, Hart wanted the ball and looked to make things happen.

Every midwestern mid-major is recruiting Hart, and the majority of them were in the stands. Hart also had coaches from Virginia Tech, NC State, Central Florida, Duquesne, George Washington, and others peeking in. Hart finished with 20 points, knocking down three threes. His July will be an interesting one to follow, some stuff could pop.

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Watched him in The Pennsylvania state finals against Adou Thiero’s team. Great looking athlete. Doesn’t look like he’s played a lot.

Right you are.

https://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/show/1230479

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/sultan-adewale/b-5Ds1JYEeyA2wJt_kT-Ug/basketball/stats.htm