Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

27 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Just looked it up - average home price in Carmel, In is $489k, average home price in Lake Forest is $892k.

Lake Forest is the northern boundry where prices actually start coming back down.  Just south of there, in the likes of Winnetka and Glencoe, is where home prices average well over $1M.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

https://moneyinc.com/richest-suburbs-chicago/

Lake Forest in at #4 in the entire Chicago metro area. That's pretty pricey!

Indeed.  Having lived near Carmel back in the day and living in Evanston now, I would say that New Trier HS is the closest thing to Carmel, by way of comparisons.  New Trier draws students from Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Kenilworth, etc., which includes #s 1, 2 and 7 on that list.  It's also one of the larger schools in the state, much like Carmel, versus Lake Forest which is less than half the size.  Not trying to argue...just stating an observation.

Having lived in or around Carmel for the better part of my life, I have seen it transition from a mostly rural into a high end community. The changes have been astounding and, in my opinion, not all for the better. Many older residents struggle to stay in their homes because of the higher costs of living here. Don't even get me started about the ruthless nature of annexation.

Look on page 15 of this thread for post dated March 29.
I'm on Tapatalk....searching on this app just doesn't seem to work for me. Figured I'd missed it somewhere though

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I'm on Tapatalk....searching on this app just doesn't seem to work for me. Figured I'd missed it somewhere though

Ok, Ok, stop crying and wipe your nose!   :103:

Following up on Talia Goodman's tweet posted in the Malik Reneau thread, here's some background on 4-star '23 SF Brady Dunlap 6'7" attends Harvard Westlake HS in Studio City, CA.  No player stats on MaxPreps.  His dad is a coach currently at California State Northridge. 

@11bradyd

Rivals

Hudl

https://www.on3.com/news/4-star-junior-brady-dunlaps-recruitment-remains-wide-open/

Feb '22 LA Times story

May '21 Zagsblog

Ok, Ok, stop crying and wipe your nose!   :103:

Following up on Talia Goodman's tweet posted in the Malik Reneau thread, here's some background on 4-star '23 SF Brady Dunlap 6'7" attends Harvard Westlake HS in Studio City, CA.  No player stats on MaxPreps.  His dad is a coach currently at California State Northridge. 

@11bradyd

Rivals

Hudl

https://www.on3.com/news/4-star-junior-brady-dunlaps-recruitment-remains-wide-open/

Feb '22 LA Times story

May '21 Zagsblog

Thanks sir

On 4/11/2022 at 2:42 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This past weekend we watched 4-star 6'7" SF 2023 Asa Thomas who plays AAU for the Illinois Wolves on the UAA circuit.  He attends Lake Forest HS in Lake Forest, IL.  No MaxPreps stats

@AsaThomas13

Rivals

Hudl

FWIW     https://www.on3.com/news/23-asa-thomas-is-drawing-coaches-and-closing-in-on-visits/

Alec Lasley on Brady Dunlap.  Full story is behind the paywall; what follows is publicly available.

Indiana is already off to a strong start on the recruiting trail in the class of 2023 and now it is looking to add shooting to the roster. A newer name to emerge is 2023 6-foot-7 wing Brady Dunlap.

Dunlap is a four-star wing ranked No. 126 in the Rivals150 class of 2023 rankings.

Dunlap plays for Harvard Westlake (Ca.) and Vegas Elite on the Nike EYBL circuit and Indiana's interest in the shooter continues to grow.

Through two live evaluation periods, Indiana has had a staff member watch Dunlap multiple times.

Indiana assistant coach Brian Walsh made first contact with Dunlap and the conversations have grown since then.

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Alec Lasley on Brady Dunlap.  Full story is behind the paywall; what follows is publicly available.

Indiana is already off to a strong start on the recruiting trail in the class of 2023 and now it is looking to add shooting to the roster. A newer name to emerge is 2023 6-foot-7 wing Brady Dunlap.

Dunlap is a four-star wing ranked No. 126 in the Rivals150 class of 2023 rankings.

Dunlap plays for Harvard Westlake (Ca.) and Vegas Elite on the Nike EYBL circuit and Indiana's interest in the shooter continues to grow.

Through two live evaluation periods, Indiana has had a staff member watch Dunlap multiple times.

Indiana assistant coach Brian Walsh made first contact with Dunlap and the conversations have grown since then.

Wide variation on the rankings for this kid. 

Unranked on ESPN

136 on Rivals 

60 on 247

38 on On3

We looked and moved on but this is interesting nonetheless.

2023 SG Joey Hart of Lincoln-Stockton (IN) — is currently leading the UAA in scoring at 22.6 through 8 games. The 6-foot-5 guard has offers from Loyola, NWestern, Ball St., UCF, Drake, Wichita St., NOLA, Indiana St., and more per his AAU Coach

Eric Bossi on Asa Thomas from the Run N Slam

The previous weekend in Kansas City, Illinois Wolves wing Asa Thomas struggled a bit shooting the ball and didn't play his best. At the Run N Slam, he had his mojo back and was dialed in from deep. In addition to his deep jump shooting, Thomas was making plays as a passer and sticking his nose in the mix to grab some tough rebounds and make defensive contributions. Marquette, Northwestern, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Wisconsin are all among the places he's been on campus.

I had a small hope that Duke might fall off after Coach K’s departure.  That might still happen but from a recruiting standpoint I just looked at 247 and Duke has 4 of the top 10 players in the country committed for 2022 (just crazy as that includes 3 of the top 4 ! ) and they already have 4 five star 2023 commitments. Will be interesting to see how Jon S does with that talent.

I had a small hope that Duke might fall off after Coach K’s departure.  That might still happen but from a recruiting standpoint I just looked at 247 and Duke has 4 of the top 10 players in the country committed for 2022 (just crazy as that includes 3 of the top 4 ! ) and they already have 4 five star 2023 commitments. Will be interesting to see how Jon S does with that talent.
Jon was the lead recruiter for most of those high profile players so I'm not surprised to see a dip in that aspect. So he would have to show something or it could end up like Memphis.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk