Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

Jamie Shaw of Rivals -

Standing 6-foot-7 with a confident jump shot, it did not take long to notice Isaiah Abraham t the Beach Ball Classic in South Carolina. The Warrenton (Va.) Highland School sophomore scored 19 points and connected on a pair of threes in his team's second-round Beach Ball Classic win.

“I am best at getting to my shot,” Abraham told Rivals.com. “Even when I am off a little bit I am going to play hard, in general. I have worked a lot recently on handling the ball with pressure. I am working on getting to my shot coming off screens, reading the defense and making plays off that. I have heard some Paul George comparisons because of my size and how I shoot the ball.”

Playing last summer with Team Takeover on Nike’s 15u EYBL circuit brought Abraham a lot of attention from coaches.

“I have offers right now from Georgetown, George Mason, NC A&T,” Abraham said. “I have been on visits to Georgetown and George Mason. I went on a visit to Maryland, too. They haven’t offered yet, though.”

Georgetown: “They are a really good program. The coaches there have a lot of experience, and they coach their guys hard. They talk about development. Overall, the visit was a really good experience. ... They have talent over there.”

George Mason: “Coach Kim English is a really good coach. He is young, so it is a good experience talking with him. I loved my experience there.”

WHAT'S NEXT? 

“Maryland, George Washington and Indiana are schools who have shown some interest,” Abraham said. “I come from a basketball family. My dad, Faisal Abraham, played for Marquette, and my aunt, Tajama (Abraham) Ngongba, played in the WNBA. I am looking for a school that will give me the best opportunity to get to the next level.”

RIVALS' REACTION 

Abraham has a natural basketball frame, standing 6-foot-7 with good length. His jump shot is what you first notice about his game, and he is confident getting to it. He will have to continue fine-tuning his footwork and shot selection, but the confidence and range are there. Abraham is good in transition and has some easy pop to his game. His recruitment is trending toward high-major, which makes sense given his natural tools and lineage.

MaxPreps stats for 11 games of his current season:  13.7 ppg  / 3.0 rpg  /  1.5 apg  /  .9 stl  /  .6 blk  / 1.3 to

Rivals

Pertains to more than just '23 targets but easier to just post it all in a single thread.

Forty-eight athletes will participate in a USA Basketball Men’s Junior National Team minicamp from April 1-3 in New Orleans in conjunction with the 2022 NCAA Final Four. The minicamp includes participating in the NCAA Next Generation Sunday on April 3.

https://www.usab.com/mens/junior-national/roster.aspx

'23 Class:  Xavier Booker and Coen Carr

'24 Class:  Khani Rooths and Bryson Tucker

'25 Class:  Darryn Peterson and Bryson Tiller

Following up on Talia Goodman's tweet posted in the Malik Reneau thread, here's some background on 4-star '23 SF Brady Dunlap 6'7" attends Harvard Westlake HS in Studio City, CA.  No player stats on MaxPreps.  His dad is a coach currently at California State Northridge. 

@11bradyd

Rivals

Hudl

https://www.on3.com/news/4-star-junior-brady-dunlaps-recruitment-remains-wide-open/

Feb '22 LA Times story

May '21 Zagsblog

Spring basketball is here, and apparently there's an AAU event in Indianapolis right now of which I was not aware. Does anyone know if EYBL will be returning to Westfield this year? I went up the road to Grand Park the past couple years, until COVID ruined everything.

12 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Spring basketball is here, and apparently there's an AAU event in Indianapolis right now of which I was not aware. Does anyone know if EYBL will be returning to Westfield this year? I went up the road to Grand Park the past couple years, until COVID ruined everything.

Adidas and Under Armor are in town this week.  One is at Grand Park and the other is at Finch Creek Fieldhouse.     EYBL will be at Grand Park April 22-24 

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This past weekend we watched 4-star 6'7" SF 2023 Asa Thomas who plays AAU for the Illinois Wolves on the UAA circuit.  He attends Lake Forest HS in Lake Forest, IL.  No MaxPreps stats

@AsaThomas13

Rivals

Hudl

Lake Forest = super fancy. Like, mansion in the woods fancy.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Just looked it up - average home price in Carmel, In is $489k, average home price in Lake Forest is $892k.

Seems low for Carmel but definitely know Lake forest area here at IU. We get a lof them

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Seems low for Carmel but definitely know Lake forest area here at IU. We get a lof them

Adjusting for the price of...everything in Chicago, those average prices are damn near equal lol. Chicago is insane.