Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

Nick Baumgart - An IU beat writer called me "the social media hype machine" last October for suggesting Joey Hart was a H-M prospect who IU should be friendly with. 6 months later, his dad told BaumHoops that in the last week, he's heard from Xavier, Iowa, Northwestern, Penn St, and IU.

June 15th is the date college coaches can contact prospects in the 2023 class. 

Justin Byerly recruiting analyst for HoopSeen - A guy that will be a household name over the next couple of years is 6’10 forward Xavier Booker with George Hill All-Indy. Long and lean prospect that is developing his timing and footwork. Blocks a lot of shots. Holds offers from LSU, Kansas State and IUPUI.  Booker with a 14 point outing for George Hill All-Indy in a win over Da House.

Alec Lasley on PG Jeremy Fears.  The remainder of his article is behind the Rivals paywall.

Numerous high-major prospects were in action this weekend at the Midwest Mania event in Indianapolis.

With Indiana's coaching change, there is a mix of prospects who held an offer from the previous staff that Mike Woodson will be monitoring over the next few weeks and months. There are also new names starting to emerge with increasing interesting from the Hoosiers.

2023 point guard Jeremy Fears Jr. is one of those new names that the new IU staff is targeting. The La Lumiere (IN) guard is playing with Bradley Beal Elite this summer. He was a standout this past weekend, flashing his potential.

"Overall I think I played good but think I could have played a lot better," Fears told TheHoosier.com. "Really happy team wise because we went 3-1 and beat some really good teams. I had a lot of fun and I think it was a great experience for me."

Fears played up with the 17U roster and did exactly what you expect from a top prospect at the point guard position. He is a natural floor leader and knows how to get everyone involved and in the right places.

"I think I'm a floor general, a big time defender and big time playmaker that makes everyone around me better," Fears said of his game. "I can also score and lead a team at the highest level."

January '21 story from PhenomHoopReport:  https://phenomhoopreport.com/2023-jeremy-fears-jr-earning-praise-with-his-game-and-racking-in-offers/

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

"I think I'm a floor general, a big time defender and big time playmaker that makes everyone around me better," Fears said of his game. "I can also score and lead a team at the highest level."

The kid has confidence, I'll give him that. HA!

Travis Branham of 247Sports on PG Jeremy Fears - 

Fears hasn't spent much time talking to college coaches given he is a 2023 prospect but his father told 247Sports that Indiana is highly interest and is also receiving interest from Auburn, Michigan, Florida State and UCLA.

https://247sports.com/Article/Jeremy-Fears-recruitment-basketball-prospect-2023-Indiana-Auburn-Michigan-Florida-State-UCLA-164798208/

Jeremy Fears is currently a 4-star recruit and ranked No. 23 nationally by 247Sports.  That service lists him as the No. 7 point guard in the class.  Even though he's a '23, he's playing 'up' with the Bradley Beal AAU team on the EYBL circuit so hopefully when the EYBL circuit starts we'll be able to get some good stats on him.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2023-names-to-know-point-guard-jeremy-fears/?fbclid=IwAR3Gj35fLmDmEG52S0zWeNhWqAl6PDWMZ6WHJxahGh8LSXRoYTLfy6WSw8A

I love this time of year.

New '23 name on the IU radar --  Gabe Cupps of Centerville, OH, playing 'up' on the Midwest Basketball Club AAU team and I love seeing current sophomores willing to do that.

"Indiana has been the biggest on me, they have been reaching out the most consistently," he said. "They just tell me to keep working, keep getting stronger and keep winning."

https://247sports.com/Article/Gabe-Cupps-b.asketball-recruitment-Indiana-Kansas-Clemson-164859062/

Stats

HUDL

37 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I love this time of year.

New '23 name on the IU radar --  Gabe Cupps of Centerville, OH, playing 'up' on the Midwest Basketball Club AAU team and I love seeing current sophomores willing to do that.

"Indiana has been the biggest on me, they have been reaching out the most consistently," he said. "They just tell me to keep working, keep getting stronger and keep winning."

https://247sports.com/Article/Gabe-Cupps-b.asketball-recruitment-Indiana-Kansas-Clemson-164859062/

Stats

HUDL

Sounds like Braden Smith

Impossible to learn much either way from that particular video.

Yeah, need more, but it’s a HIGHlight video of sorts. (You can judge explosiveness, athleticism to a degree). Even the passes aren’t crisp. Nothing jumps off the screen athletically. He’s young, I’ll chalk it up to that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Gabe Cupps (#2) Midwest Basketball Club AAU team is participating in the Bill Hensley Run-N-Slam in Ft. Wayne this weekend.  I think this link will let you watch his game against the Indiana Elite team.   You want the game on court 3.

https://gymratsbasketball.com/live-stream/