Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mamasa

Brenna Wise (IUWBB) needs BTB's help!

@Class of '66 Old Fart posted this yesterday.  I wanted to start a separate thread so that it didn't get lost in the other discussion in that thread.  C'mon BTB, I know you're great at helping the Hoosiers in voting (remember when we got barred from voting for Oladipo by the Orlando Sentinel???).  She started at 7.5% yesterday, and with a few of us voting, she's up to 17.2% today (4th place)!  Everybody give her a few votes- contest runs through 3/23.

Another Hoosier in the running for national honors.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2020/2/5/womens-basketball-brenna-wise-a-top-10-finalist-for-senior-class-award.aspx

Be sure to go to the website below.  Nationwide fan voting begins immediately to help select the winner, and fans are encouraged to submit votes online at the Senior CLASS Award website through March 23. Fan votes will be combined with those of the media and Division I head coaches to determine the winners. 

And as they say in Chicago, vote early; vote often.

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/

And don't forget that you can vote as often as you'd like!  (Although, as @johnsoniu noted, the anti-robot verification stuff picks up after about 10 votes- I'm getting tired of selecting crosswalks, buses, vehicles, chimneys, motorcycles....., lol)

6 hours ago, mamasa said:

Not sure how legit this contest is.  Brenna is now down to 10.9%, and someone new (Mikayla Pivec)has been added to the voting, and she has 21.7%....

image.thumb.png.2df476dc16c1ad11d9755069b7c96f2a.png

It definitely seems fishy, like they have a bot voting..how do you catch up to and surpass 5 days of voting in like 3 hours. Their fans and coach bullied this committee into adding this girl in. Really stupid. That's why these fan votes are usually kind of a joke

It definitely seems fishy, like they have a bot voting..how do you catch up to and surpass 5 days of voting in like 3 hours. Their fans and coach bullied this committee into adding this girl in. Really stupid. That's why these fan votes are usually kind of a joke

Kinda makes me more determined to keep voting for Brenna all day lol!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Brenna Wise Earns Spot on Senior Class Award First Team

Indiana senior forward Brenna Wise was selected to the Senior CLASS Award First Team.

The award, chosen by a nationwide vote of Division I women's basketball coaches, national basketball media and fans, is given annually to the most outstanding senior student-athlete in Division I women's basketball. Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu won the overall Senior CLASS Award.

An acronym for Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School®, the Senior CLASS Award focuses on the total student-athlete and encourages students to use their platform in athletics to make a positive impact as leaders in their communities. To be eligible for the award, a student-athlete must be classified as an NCAA Division I senior and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence: classroom, community, character and competition.

The Pittsburgh, Pa. native is a two-year team captain and started every game for Indiana in her career. In her final season in Cream and Crimson, Wise averaged 7.9 points and a team-high 5.9 rebounds per game. In her career, Wise scored 1,421 career points and 849 rebounds and was a 2018-19 All-Big Ten second team selection. A double major in marketing and professional sales in IU's Kelley School of Business, Wise excels in the classroom with a 3.89 GPA and has been named an Academic All-Big Ten selection and a 2019 CoSIDA Academic All District. She will graduate in May 2020.

She is an executive member of IU Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC). She has volunteered her time with countless organizations including Hoosiers Helping Hoosiers, Emerging Leaders, Hoosier HEROES, Hoosier Readers, IU Best Buddies, Camp Riley, Hoosier Outrun Cancer, Candy Stripe Crew event for disabled and handicapped adult and children, Slam Dunk for Literacy, Habitat for Humanity.

2019-20 Senior CLASS Award First-Team All-Americans

Lauren Cox, Baylor University
Ellie Harmeyer, Belmont University
Sabrina Ionescu, University of Oregon* (winner)
Mikayla Pivec, Oregon State University  
Brenna Wise, Indiana University

2019-20 Senior CLASS Award Second-Team All-Americans

Chelsea Brackmann, Bradley University
Kaila Charles, University of Maryland
Bailey Greenberg, Drexel University
Ruthy Hebard, University of Oregon
Stella Johnson, Rider University
Peyton Williams, Kansas State University