Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Purdoodoo toiletmakers vs. THE Indiana Hoosiers (2/8 at 2:00 on ESPN)

I would bench Green. Not sure about Durham or Smith.
Green leaving next year could be worth 3-4 extra wins as the amount of shots he jacks up when he is in there will no longer happen and he misses way more then he makes.

Durham and Smith shouldn’t be starting IMO. Hunter and Franklin should be.

You know what you get with Durham and Smith. You have seen it for three season, it isn’t pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This game basically was the archie miller era in one game. We had high Hope's for a win. The general coming back brought excitement like the romeo Langford recruitment but at the end of the day it was one of the most disappointing games and embarrassing at the same time I can ever remember. Right now archie is solidly behind Davis and crean in my book. I won't count Sampson but obviously from a performance standpoint he is behind him. This has been almost remarkably worse than I ever could have imagined and it isn't close

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, IUc2016 said:

Durham and Smith shouldn’t be starting IMO. Hunter and Franklin should be.

You know what you get with Durham and Smith. You have seen it for three season, it isn’t pretty.

Rob

Armaan 

Jerome 

TJD

Joey 

That's my starting 5. It isn't pretty for sure. But I feel it's the best combo right now. 

21 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Rob

Armaan 

Jerome 

TJD

Joey 

That's my starting 5. It isn't pretty for sure. But I feel it's the best combo right now. 

I'm starting Rob, Arman, Jerome, Justin and TJD

Bringing Al, Joey and Race off the bench. Not playing anyone else unless it's an emergency. Also no one is talking about Rob playing with an injury and should probably be shut down for the season

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Bringing Al, Joey and Race off the bench. Not playing anyone else unless it's an emergency. Also no one is talking about Rob playing with an injury and should probably be shut down for the season

Agreed. I doubt we see it though. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah-Rob needs to sit out for sure. He's not himself. Feel like they wasted a year of elgibility. 

I doubt you would drop them if he won.

You’re probably right. Not sure what I would do when the chips were actually on the table.

As a female, it was hard to get past some of Bob Knight’s comments, but I did and so glad I was there Sat to see him home again. Moment of a lifetime. Alford’s scenario involved actions (not just words) as a coach that just makes my stomach turn. So, it’s harder to get past.

Anyway, hopefully the ship gets righted and we don’t have to have these convos.

4 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Yeah-Rob needs to sit out for sure. He's not himself. Feel like they wasted a year of elgibility. 

But then, you're going to have to go with Al. Who gives the guards a rest?

I agree with this. Those names, other than Fife, are simply not attractive. Cheaney and Guyton seem like the only logical names to bring back in the fold to me with a high quality crew of bench coaches. With that said, I also want to see Archie succeed.

I really don’t understand this thing with Fife. He’s less attractive of a hire Alford, Wittman or Woodson. Alford has at least seen some success on the collegiate level and Wittman and Woodson have seen some success at the NBA level.

No I didn’t. Alford hasn’t been good anywhere why would it be different here 

He had 1 good season at UCLA lol. A couple at New Mexico. But would you rather have him or Fife? Both have likely did some dirty things. Just one as a HC and one as an assistant.

This is what Larry Bird said after the Celtics took an a$$ beating from the Lakers in the 1984 NBA finals: 

"We don't have the players with the heart sometimes that we need. Today, when you see Magic slappin' high-fives and guys going behind their backs and shooting layups on us all day, it seems like somebody would try to put a stop to it. Until we get our hearts where they belong, we're in trouble."

After that, the Celts kicked butt and won the series. I realize that most of the blame for the debacle that has become this season falls on Archie and his staff. And I realize there's only one Larry Bird. But is there NOT ONE PLAYER who has enough pride to step up and light a fire under some a$$es? I just don't see how you can sit back and let Purdue do what it did on Saturday. 

But since it happened, I guess I answered my own question. No, there isn't anybody who has enough pride -- or sack -- to do so. And that's disappointing. 

I remember seeing a Chuck Noll documentary on the NFL Network. When he took over the Steelers (who were awful back then), after watching film from the previous season, he told them in a meeting: "There's a reason why you lost so many games last year. You're not any good."

I think that sums up this season perfectly. We're just not very good. The FSU and Michigan State games were outliers while the Maryland games, the Arkansas game, the PSU road game, the Rutgers road game and the PU home game are the reality -- we're not good. I think I was kidding myself all along. Our players -- with the exception of TJD and Rob (when healthy) and maybe Armaan (still not sure what we have with Jerome) -- just aren't very good. Or they're not B1G good. 

We talk a lot about heart and pride and how we don't have anyone to be that guy. But, think about how today's kids grow up playing the game. Think about their priorities. AAU is all about showcasing individual talent. It's part of the process of getting to the next level and then the one after that. They play a lot of games and they lose a lot of games. Losing doesn't matter that much if individually they look good and demonstrate their skills for whoever is watching. I just think the mentality is different from what most of us think. When I played, and I was not good, winning meant everything. Losing meant I wanted to fight someone. I'm not advocating that anyone punch somebody, but I just believe the kids don't care to the same degree as in the past. The priorities are different.

"Today's kids" play for the teams that are beating us, playing harder than us, and playing with more focus than us.
I have three teenagers and I coach teenagers. Today's kids are fine.

Maybe by today's kids he just means today's iu kids lol. We haven't had a tough kid since yogi was here. Why can't iu get tough kids anymore that is the main problem imo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk