Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Purdoodoo toiletmakers vs. THE Indiana Hoosiers (2/8 at 2:00 on ESPN)

Yep...... I don’t see how anyone can be hopefully about this year or future of this program. Players aren’t doing the things needed to compete, and the coaches are doing jack squat with these players or making adjustments to find success.

This team won’t be anything, and it’s kills me to say this as a diehard Hoosier fan. This university has arguably the best recruiting with the state, very good facilities, rich history, and one of the best fan bases. How in the world are we just a constant mediocre program?! I refuse to watch games anymore because I’m so sick of the product on the floor!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

17 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Even Illinois fired Groce before the season ended. They seem to have made a better hire than us.

Only they didn't fire him before the season ended.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/03/11/illinois-fires-coach-john-groce-after-18-14-season/99064750/

Archie looked dejected at the end of this one. He may sense the writing is starting to form on the wall. I was very encouraged by what he was saying and how his team was playing in his first year. He’s changed a bit too, less passionate about what he wants to accomplish and how to achieve it, and while I’m sure he hates losing, I’m not sold he wants to be the guy at IU for the long haul. If we’ve reached that point with him, then this experiment is over. 

This was truly awful. Most hyped up game in years at Assembly Hall and this happens. I'm a moron to think this team was going to win by 20 plus today. A few things:

1) This team lacks that leader. I'm sure they are great people, but I am ready for De'Ron, Devonte, Justin, and Al to be gone. They don't bring enough to the table. Our underclassmen have potential but they aren't talented enough (outside of TJD) to carry this team.

2) I really want to believe Archie is the guy. I do. He has said all the right things. He's recruited really well. But I don't get this. Anyone using the APR excuse-I really wish Archie would have let Al, Justin, and Clifton go when he first took the IU job. We've missed the tournament the last two, maybe now three years. I wouldn't mind them sitting out of the tournament if it meant Archie could bring more of his guys in. We all love TJD, Joey, Rob, Armaan, and Jerome. They aren't good enough to carry this team just yet. 

3) The new AD has a decision to make next year. Archie's not going anywhere regardless of what happens this year. But he will be on the hot seat next year. 

I'm at a loss ... One of the most embarrassing losses in IU basketball history -- I don't think it's hyperbole to say that ... You have the legendary coach end his blood feud with the program, return to a packed, raucous house -- and you play like that? ... Wow. ... Everybody in that locker room should be totally ashamed of themselves. I say that for our next game, we start Armaan, Race, Damezi, Jerome and Bybee. WTF not? If the end result is gonna be the same, maybe at least those kids will play hard. 

I just can't believe we performed like that on a day like today. Well, I can believe it, but I don't want to realize that it happened, I guess. 

1 minute ago, Napleshoosier said:

I got depressed and built a craps table.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Might want to get that craps off of our court.

I'm past angry at this point.  The sports teams I root for all suck.  The one thing I used to be able to count on was a college basketball team that at least was going to fun to watch and make the tournament.

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

This was truly awful. Most hyped up game in years at Assembly Hall and this happens. I'm a moron to think this team was going to win by 20 plus today. A few things:

1) This team lacks that leader. I'm sure they are great people, but I am ready for De'Ron, Devonte, Justin, and Al to be gone. They don't bring enough to the table. Our underclassmen have potential but they aren't talented enough (outside of TJD) to carry this team.

2) I really want to believe Archie is the guy. I do. He has said all the right things. He's recruited really well. But I don't get this. Anyone using the APR excuse-I really wish Archie would have let Al, Justin, and Clifton go when he first took the IU job. We've missed the tournament the last two, maybe now three years. I wouldn't mind them sitting out of the tournament if it meant Archie could bring more of his guys in. We all love TJD, Joey, Rob, Armaan, and Jerome. They aren't good enough to carry this team just yet. 

3) The new AD has a decision to make next year. Archie's not going anywhere regardless of what happens this year. But he will be on the hot seat next year. 

In terms of 'he's recruited really well'.....I don't see it.  He's gotten some good individual players but the team he has put together is worse than their parts.  Shooting has not been addressed in the slightest.  

Make will wade a strong a$$ offer I guess

Indiana won’t allow him to perform. We’re doomed guys. Not another Bobby Knight type coming thru the doors and we need Auburn/LSU type guys. Gritty, athletic, dogs.

I really thought that was Archies personality but he sure as **** hasn’t recruited that way.

Pathetic.

Indiana won’t allow him to perform. We’re doomed guys. Not another Bobby Knight type coming thru the doors and we need Auburn/LSU type guys. Gritty, athletic, dogs.

I really thought that was Archies personality but he sure as **** hasn’t recruited that way.

Pathetic.

Oh I know he isn’t an option. I don’t want IU to have to make a change and said I would wait until the end of this year to make my decision on Archie. Sticking by that.

But today was hard to watch. Sad really.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I just don't understand how a basketball team comes out that uninspired in an environment like that. I'm 25 years old. It's been a few years since I've been at Assembly for an atmosphere like that, but they would make me want to run through a wall when I was a student. How little do these players have to care to not feel the same way? It honestly disgusts me.