Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Purdoodoo toiletmakers vs. THE Indiana Hoosiers (2/8 at 2:00 on ESPN)

2 minutes ago, Hoosiers96 said:

IMG_0535.jpg

This was 3 minutes before the Maryland game, and it didn’t improve. Gotta give credit to the people who actually do show up though

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That empty balcony makes me really sad....and for a ranked team. But they didn't miss much.

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

Precisely on the winning, but again to me that system sucked as you would end up with the balcony half the time and students showed up late (at least in my era in late 2000's). I'm much rather be GA most of the time and have a CHANCE at a lower seat almost every time rather then be stuck in the balcony half the time even if you showed up every game.

I see both ways, but to me the current system is better and I know me and my friends back in the day are envious of having the ability to get low down almost every time and less balcony if you get there early. 

The reality IU needs to come up with another idea different from now and especially different from what you are describing with all the no shows now. The system you are describing only works if IU is a top team which they are not right now so you would end up with even more empty seats in the lower level with others stuck in the balcony for no reason (much like how it was when I was in school).   

Right, but I have better things to do than stand in line.  Game started at 7:00.  We'd bolt at 6:30.  Grab our seats 5 min before tip.  Then to Nicks by 9:30-10.  If you didn't go, you could sell your ticket at the door.  I went to a game a few years back, had to pay stub hub prices for tickets and the student section was half empty.  Nobody wins with that.  

They pay because in a market-based economy, a valued commodity is salable, and those sales support and enhance the viability and success of the vendor.
Too much info/too obvious?

They pay because the money hungry university that’s doesn’t use its money wisely wants more money. Students shouldn’t be paying for student tickets. Period.

I mostly agree but if you give them away people who don’t really want them will take them and not use them/sell them. Making the kids pay something makes them vested in actually attending. I do think they should be cheap, kids who need assistance affording them should get assistance and they need to set up an online system for kids to exchange tickets and/or give away unused seats to students

Tickets would still be going to those who want them and to those who want them and can’t afford them. I’d say make them all electronic tickets as well. Every single kid at IU has a smart phone. Then tickets would be easily transferred to other students that would want them.

The fans have had it. Even old fart who is pretty positive said this product isn’t fun to watch.

Why spend your money on something that isn’t fun? Outside of a few games we can expect the crowds to be spotty and only get worse and worse as this continues.

Purdue, MSU etc are now the exception and not the rule.

That said, I hope we have a great turnout and Mdn and others can get the fans yoked

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They pay because the money hungry university that’s doesn’t use its money wisely wants more money. Students shouldn’t be paying for student tickets. Period.

Bringing the heat like usual, X-Man. 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Bringing the heat like usual, X-Man. 

He’s coming in strong  with an anti-capitalist hot take! Lol

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Knight will be there. Vitale. All these top recruits. Desperate for a win.

And we are going to **** the bed. You guys know it. I can’t remember the last time this program took the right step. I’ve felt an L all week long.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You’ve “felt an L all week long”?

That’s some seriously impressive feeling.