Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JerryYeagley23

Women's College Basketball General Thread

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Kind of annoyed we arent top 16 lol

I was hoping to see the Hoosiers in the top 16.  I'm under the impression that the top 16 teams have the opportunity to host the first weekend of the tournament. The Hoosiers bringing the NCAA tourney to AH could be amazing.

5 hours ago, LockdownD said:

I was hoping to see the Hoosiers in the top 16.  I'm under the impression that the top 16 teams have the opportunity to host the first weekend of the tournament. The Hoosiers bringing the NCAA tourney to AH could be amazing.

That would be amazing, and we wouldn't even have to be a higher seed. Purdue once hosted first and second round games as a 9 seed (yep, they got to play a 1 seed at home in the second round). 

Another Hoosier in the running for national honors.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2020/2/5/womens-basketball-brenna-wise-a-top-10-finalist-for-senior-class-award.aspx

Be sure to go to the website below.  Nationwide fan voting begins immediately to help select the winner, and fans are encouraged to submit votes online at the Senior CLASS Award website through March 23. Fan votes will be combined with those of the media and Division I head coaches to determine the winners. 

And as they say in Chicago, vote early; vote often.

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/

2 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I did my part from my three different devices, but Lauren Cox must have a large extended family or something. 

Keep it up!  She's up to 10.7% :)  

Slow night on the women’s side tonight and no B1G games, but tomorrow is a big night of hoops. Four games between ranked teams. The IU game obviously being my primary interest, but the others have ranking/seeding implications for us I think. Who y’all got tomorrow?

#18 IU vs. #13 Maryland

#8 Miss. St. vs. #23 Tennessee

#17 Florida St. vs. #5 Louisville

#1 South Carolina vs. #25 Arkansas 

1 hour ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Slow night on the women’s side tonight and no B1G games, but tomorrow is a big night of hoops. Four games between ranked teams. The IU game obviously being my primary interest, but the others have ranking/seeding implications for us I think. Who y’all got tomorrow?

#18 IU vs. #13 Maryland

#8 Miss. St. vs. #23 Tennessee

#17 Florida St. vs. #5 Louisville

#1 South Carolina vs. #25 Arkansas 

Miss st over tennessee but it could be a really good game

Louisville is looking good lately, aside from their less than stellar performance vs USA basketball so I would take them over a young, shorthanded FSU team

Arkansas is hot and cold and South Carolina is very young, so this could be  a toss up depending on which teams show up. Arkansas reminds me of us, turning a corner esp talent wise, but still growing in terms of maturity and consistency

And I'd like to see us beat maryland, they're so annoying to me, haha, but theyve looked scary good lately. We need to get their freshman guard owusu in foul trouble she commits charges constantly but other than that shes a really nice player. I think gulbe can guard Austin, but idk about jones...she is strong. We may have to play gulbe and holmes more rather than wise so much so we can protect the paint. I think mikesell is overrated too.

15 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Miss st over tennessee but it could be a really good game

Louisville is looking good lately, aside from their less than stellar performance vs USA basketball so I would take them over a young, shorthanded FSU team

Arkansas is hot and cold and South Carolina is very young, so this could be  a toss up depending on which teams show up. Arkansas reminds me of us, turning a corner esp talent wise, but still growing in terms of maturity and consistency

And I'd like to see us beat maryland, they're so annoying to me, haha, but theyve looked scary good lately. We need to get their freshman guard owusu in foul trouble she commits charges constantly but other than that shes a really nice player. I think gulbe can guard Austin, but idk about jones...she is strong. We may have to play gulbe and holmes more rather than wise so much so we can protect the paint. I think mikesell is overrated too.

Last game against Maryland they ran 11 straight plays for Austin in the second and she either scored or got fouled. She ended with 22 points with only having 2 in the first half. So I think our post have to do a lot better job on her tonight. Mikesell is just an excellent shooter who can get hot in a hurry I think she does get a lot of recognition but it’s only really because of who she plays for. If she was on any other big team she wouldnt be talked about as much. I think the player to worry about it kaila Charles because she always has good games against IU and last year did Anything and everything she wanted, Bendu made it hard but she was just too hard to stop so I’m interested in seeing who can contain her. 

South Carolina has a lot of size. Plus they are playing some really good basketball. I just don’t see Arkansas being able to stay with them the whole game. Even though Arkansas is playing good basketball I just think it’s going to be hard to stop South Carolina. 

I think Louisville has the advantage because they’re gonna be playing at home and like you said FSU is very shorthanded right now. 

I think Mississippi State is going to win over Tennessee unless Tennessee is hitting shots because they are very dangerous when they are hitting jump shots, 

I would start the game thread for tonight’s game, but I don’t know where to find all the fancy pregame stats that OF and Mamasa include. That being said, I haven’t had this much anticipation for a Hoosiers game in a few years. Literally keep looking at the clock and wondering why time isn’t moving faster so tip-off will get here. I think the girls can come out and get off to a hot start and then likely hold on for dear life against a really good Terps team. We need this one. This is our last regular season game against a top team, so it’s our best opportunity to put IU on the committees minds for seeding. Come on 8pm!

#8 Miss. St up 13 on #23 Tenn with a couple minutes to go in the first half. UT has some really good size at the 4/5 spot, but they don’t shoot the ball very well. 11-30 from the field, 0-3 from distance. Miss. St. Doesn’t really impress me very much though. I wouldn’t mind being in their region if they get a #2-seed. They do most of their damage from outside and their bigs are long, but not very athletic. I think Holmes could do well with her quickness in the post against them and they’d have a hard time stepping out to guard Gulbe.