Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Computer simulation league

For five years I ran a computer simulation league  on another IU message forum using the PC Stellar basketball program.  It’s a project I would be interested in starting again in the off-season after teams have their stats complete.

Basically owners pick a real life NCAA team to run and strategies to employ (player rotations, pace of play, focus of shot selection, defensive style (man to man or zone, tightness of defense).

if I were to create the teams and run it again, would you personally be interested in coaching a team?  I can tell you that the coach’s part takes minimal time — the work is on my end in creating the team and running the games.

4 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I’d be down for this. Sounds pretty interesting. Could this be a league fee, fantasy football type thing with a winner, or is it just for fun?

I’m not one for managing money for a league.  In the leagues I’v run in the past each owner takes a NCAA team and sends me their game plans to ‘coach’ them.  I’ve run it as a strictly Big Ten league and ran one season where owners could pick any NCAA team.  I run the games and post the box scores and stats in a shared google account.  I started running it the year Yogi was a freshman;  last year was the first year I didn’t run it.  Yogi was the all time leading scorer fir the league (partially because some really good players went pro in real life) but if I had run it last year, Carson Edwards would have passed him in just three years.

when the regular season was over, teams that qualified for the tournament played in a simulated tourney.  In the six years I ran it, I think that Big Ten teams won the title twice.