Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Indiana Hoosiers vs Ohio St. Buckeyes - 12pm ET Tip-off

44 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

I'm still holding on that I'm fairly pleased with the actual Archie players at this point in the season (TJD, Franklin, Hunter) then (Phinisee, Race) and (Brunk). The only hangup is Rob gets very discouraged or timid and Brunk has had two difficult games which does not yet takeaway how good he has been, in my opinion.

The next group is not actually an Archie recruitment. He had to talk Smith and Al into staying. It was too late to go snag new players when these guys obviously expressed they could be talked into staying. It doesn't hurt that they are serviceable, and hopeful with improvement. Then same with Devonte and Davis. Devonte oozing talent but now we know he can't be reigned in.

Given this, I'm willing to give Archie next year before I really pack it in. TJD is going to explode. Rob looks to be gaining a shot back. Hunter is blossoming now. Al buys in, and plays hard, not a leader. Brunk another year. Franklin adjusted to speed of college game. Then let's see how the new freshman shake out. Devonte isn't out there disrupting offense AND defense anymore. I'm not saying we will be great. Buts it's a tourney team. 

IF they develop, a rotation of Rob, Armaan, Jerome, TJD, Brunk, and Race, with a couple of transfer shooters should be a fairly competitive lineup. Smith will have a role there in some capacity, but if he was going to be the guy we expected him to become, I think we would’ve seen it by now. 

8 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

IF they develop, a rotation of Rob, Armaan, Jerome, TJD, Brunk, and Race, with a couple of transfer shooters should be a fairly competitive lineup. Smith will have a role there in some capacity, but if he was going to be the guy we expected him to become, I think we would’ve seen it by now. 

Agree. Smith is dang near non existent right now. He comes up with good rebounds at times. That's all I got right now. His stroke is good really but he picks the worst times to shoot. I would turn him into a spot up shooter and tell him to forget it when someone is guarding. He seems to favor baseline shooting which is great. Hit that short corner for dunks and jumpers when defense is collapsing or rotating. He's just always being used oddly in this system. If Smith played Sheeheys role in Crean's offense, he'd slay I think.

I just want to know how Archie thought he would get by this season with the guards he has? Everyone was thinking we would add another one via transfer/JUCO in the off-season and it never came. I'm just shocked that the COACH couldn't identify that. I mean maybe he did reach out to some guys but i never remember seeing us mentioned with a lot of the guys that were out there. As is stated many times, he is going to be in for a rude awakening if he doesn't bring in an impact transfer with this freshman class.

2 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I just want to know how Archie thought he would get by this season with the guards he has? Everyone was thinking we would add another one via transfer/JUCO in the off-season and it never came. I'm just shocked that the COACH couldn't identify that. I mean maybe he did reach out to some guys but i never remember seeing us mentioned with a lot of the guys that were out there. As is stated many times, he is going to be in for a rude awakening if he doesn't bring in an impact transfer with this freshman class.

Yep. Havent had a good guard since Yogi.