Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Indiana Hoosiers vs Ohio St. Buckeyes - 12pm ET Tip-off

1 minute ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I’ve never seen other teams send their big as far up as we do to hedge the pg. seems to accomplish nothing but make our defense scramble to recover to shooters

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It ALWAYS creates a 2 on 1 for a guy near the paint and allows an open layup or 3. Every team we play sets that up to create that scenario umpteen times a game.

Just now, IUfan_Charlie said:

The biggest thing about this program right now is that I just don’t understand why any top tier recruits would want to play in this system.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Or even in the Big 10, honestly. Why would a perimeter player want to come here and deal with more contact than the football team?

Back to back muggings causing us to drop a rebound and OSU to drop a pass is “good ole fashioned B1G basketball” according to Hummel but “absolute dogs**t peewee basketball” to anyone not getting paid by the conference. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Back to back muggings causing us to drop a rebound and OSU to drop a pass is “good ole fashioned B1G basketball” according to Hummel but “absolute dogs**t peewee basketball” to anyone not getting paid by the conference. 

That's something I hate about having the BTN (I realize this game is on ESPN) : being property of the conference, they are never going to point out crappy officiating.

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

Baseball starts in a couple weeks; they're competent.

As a White Sox fan this a decent dry run with Benetti, just wish I were watching a better product on the basketball court. IU makes it very difficult to get excited for

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

That's something I hate about having the BTN (I realize this game is on ESPN) : being property of the conference, they are never going to point out crappy officiating.

Unless you're a made guy like Bilas or maybe the trustee on CBS, nothing's gonna happen in that regard. Hummel's a 30 year old guy who wants a cushy gig the next 20-30 years. Why would he rock the boat?