Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Penn St 1/29 8:30 pm BTN

Just now, JerryYeagley23 said:

Seth Davis talking like PSU found the secret of life or something. This is a blip on the radar. They are gonna be back to a mediocre-to-bad team again next year.

I looked up PSU's history for some reason last week. Since the 1950s, every coach is there 8-10 years and makes the NCAA's only once. Rinse/repeat.

Just now, JerryYeagley23 said:

Seth Davis talking like PSU found the secret of life or something. This is a blip on the radar. They are gonna be back to a mediocre-to-bad team again next year.

Not to mention Penn State was *badddd* for a large majority of this game. There’s like 2.5 good B1G teams this year and that number is shared between 5-6 teams. A competitive conference doesn’t necessarily mean the teams in it are good. 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

I’m starting to be less interested in a grad transfer PG to back up Phinisee than I am a grad transfer PG to beat him out. Wheeler has locked him up tonight and he’s not the first. Yes he has moments but I really question whether he’ll ever be good enough. 

Hate to agree but the proof is on the court

I don’t think anyone is making those points tonight. No need to try to start an unnecessary fight. 

Nothing to fight about. We just aren’t that good of a team. We might make the NCAA tourney this season, but that shouldn’t move the needle for Archie and he should still be on the hot seat. Because this program doesn’t look to be getting any better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Nothing to fight about. We just aren’t that good of a team. We might make the NCAA tourney this season, but that shouldn’t move the needle for Archie and he should still be on the hot seat. Because this program doesn’t look to be getting any better.

Which is a totally fair point and at the same time was not at all what you were saying in the post I quoted, as we both know. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Not to mention Penn State was *badddd* for a large majority of this game. There’s like 2.5 good B1G teams this year and that number is shared between 5-6 teams. A competitive conference doesn’t necessarily mean the teams in it are good. 

They lose Stevens, Watkins and Jones. They’re gonna be terrible. It’s comparable to NW last year. I hope all 25 of their fans get their fill of competitive home games this year. 

Which is a totally fair point and at the same time was not at all what you were saying in the post I quoted, as we both know. 

Because those are all the things we’ve heard all season long. And none of it is getting fixed. Other than getting old. Which is a problem in its own weird way.

Indiana and mediocrity has officially settled in for me. 20 some years later. I’m not really mad. Expected us to suck, and suck we did.

Hard to be enthusiastic about a team that’s absolutely boring to watch, can’t score, and can’t compete in road games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Indiana and mediocrity has officially settled in for me. 20 some years later. I’m not really mad. Expected us to suck, and suck we did.

Hard to be enthusiastic about a team that’s absolutely boring to watch, can’t score, and can’t compete in road games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I didn't really expect a win, but I didn't expect to be down almost 20 late against a team that looked baaaaddd.  Forget water boarding, you wanna torture someone make them watch that garbage.

1 minute ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

They get that win they blow PSU out tonight. No question. The mental toughness is just not there.

Totally agree about the mental toughness. No clear leader or that one player with that Uber competitive edge on this team