Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Penn St 1/29 8:30 pm BTN

Would be a great win this year. But I’m not holding my breath. Very curious to see how CuJo plays. Will he be forcing things.

Can Smith slow Stevens? Can Brunk or more likely TJD handle Watkins?

Can we hit shots outside of 3 feet?

Will we sulk when punched in the mouth?

Shoulda had Maryland at home but this would make up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would be shocked if we won this game, penn state is good this year and we suck on the road..

Maryland was bad on the road too... they went to Northwestern and got down early before finding a way back in the second half. Then they walked into Assembly Hall and cake out with a W.

IU got blown out twice on the road to Wiscy and Mary then went in the road and beat Neb. Hopefully, we’ve learned from our past mistakes and compete for 40 minutes with a chance to win late.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes Penn State is better this year and the Big Ten has been a gauntlet on the road, but I thought we looked solid against Nebraska and Rutgers on the road and PSU isn't quite as good as Rutgers nor is the Bryce Jordan Center quite as live as the RAC this season. PSU got throttled by Wisky at home and I think outside of Myreon Jones this is a solid matchup for us.

Now I'm not expecting a win because I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than annoyed depending on the result, but I think this game is closer than Vegas indicates. Archie has coached well against the Nittany Lions in past seasons and I believe Justin Smith also matches up well with Stevens. Lamar is listed at 6'8" 225 and Justin at 6'7" 230. Will be interesting to see whether he or TJD gets the call against Stevens. I also believe the Hoosiers have been playing some of their best basketball of the season these last several games minus the final minute against Maryland. Shoot the ball somewhat well , pray CuJo doesn't drop 30, and I think we've got a good chance at escaping with some roadkill. 

Stevens and Watkins are tough but watch for this kid Myreon Jones. He’s legit. Also Cujo had 18 in their last. They can really play inside out. And we can’t stop dribble penetration with a pac line. String together another strong shooting performance and win the rebound battle, and I feel we take it in a close affair.

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I was a little surprised to see them 5.5 favorites today. Now I thought they would be favored but thought it might be 2 or 3 points. 

As an IU fan, I'd take the points.  I'd take the points if I were a Penn State fan as well.  4 conference games and they are averagin +3.8 at home.