Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Maryland at IU Game Thread 01/26 1 PM CBS

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Really tough loss.

A game that showed just how good this IU team is becoming.

Keep it up boys, and this season is gonna be a very, very good one.

Problem is Stu, the season is getting shorter and we start running out of time.  Terribly disappointing that we couldn't close this one out.  Just hard to feel optimistic that we'll be able to offset today's loss.

53 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Scary to some. I’m guessing last year is fresh in peoples minds. All I can say is IU looks the part of a ncaa tournament that’s not on the bubble. They are going to have to win some games but if you are doing the eye test around the rest of college basketball IU is going to be just fine come selection Sunday. Today is a tough one because they let a quad 1a game slip away. Lucky for them they have 9 of those left

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ugghhh. This one stings. Huge opportunity missed. Didn’t get to watch at all, but listened to Fisch while driving. But I’m with you. I don’t think this changes how we are trending. I’m becoming more confident we can find another road win. I feel good we can win 5 or 6 more but still agree we just need 4. Which of course is not guaranteed. 

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Problem is Stu, the season is getting shorter and we start running out of time.  Terribly disappointing that we couldn't close this one out.  Just hard to feel optimistic that we'll be able to offset today's loss.

Offset it?!? S**t, we’re 15-5 and already playing with house money.

No bad losses + wins over FSU, MSU, and OSU offset this one before we ever played it.

Three or four more wins in our final ten conference games and after that we’re building our seed.

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Maybe try looking at the season differently. Assuming you’re like most people and aren’t realistically thinking we are winning a national championship this year - then you can watch the season with a little different perspective and root for the rest of the year to show improved play and growth from individual players that give you optimism about us creating some momentum for next year. That’s kind of been my new outlook over the past few weeks. Just one example, seeing Jerome Hunter starting to get his feels back has me feeling good; or watching how consistently tough Brunk has become makes me think what a great Senior presence he’s gonna be next year. It’s tough losing and not being where we want the program to be, but there are reasons for optimism if you look for them that let you enjoy this season and the process a bit easier IMHO. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

No bad losses + wins over FSU, MSU, and OSU offset this one before we ever played it.

Three or four more wins in our final ten conference games and after that we’re building our seed.

Quit trying to make me feel better.

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This is very true.  in addition 4 of our 5 wins have come against the 3 worst teams in the standings. Not sure why people think 4 more wins is a foregone conclusion. This was a winnable game at home that we blew. We have 5 more home games and 6 tough road games. If we don’t start showing up consistently for the full 40 minutes we aren’t getting 4 more wins. 

This is very true.  in addition 4 of our 5 wins have come against the 3 worst teams in the standings. Not sure why people think 4 more wins is a foregone conclusion. This was a winnable game at home that we blew. We have 5 more home games and 6 tough road games. If we don’t start showing up consistently for the full 40 minutes we aren’t getting 4 more wins. 

History and the numbers tell me that 4 more wins is a forgone conclusion

48 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

For us it’s become routine. If it were a once in a while thing that would be different. 

You need to watch other teams play in you think there are teams in the Big Ten who consistenly don't have issues on one side of the ball for stretches of minutes during games.  

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

And the other two wins came against teams ranked #7 and #13 by Pom.  In fact, Pom will tell you that 4 of our 9 conference games were against teams ranked 1-2-3 in the Big Ten.....and we only have one game left against that group.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

And the other two wins came against teams ranked #7 and #13 by Pom.  In fact, Pom will tell you that 4 of our 9 conference games were against teams ranked 1-2-3 in the Big Ten.....and we only have one game left against that group.

There’s only 1 other win so.....

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

No bad losses?  I guess maybe analytically?  Because both losses to Maryland, Wisconsin, and Arkansas were bad losses to me.

No bad losses?  I guess maybe analytically?  Because both losses to Maryland, Wisconsin, and Arkansas were bad losses to me.

Committee isn’t going to view 4 quad 1 losses as bad losses like emotionally invested fans will. As a fan if you want to think of them as bad losses then that’s your right.

57 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I'm having trouble believing the sincerity of this "apology"....

Yeah. I have a feeling that was prompted by Turgeon, who prattled on about how that's not who Jalen is and he doesn't behave that way. But he did at Northwestern. ... And when you taunt Northwestern fans, it seems you might be somewhat of a tool.