Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Maryland at IU Game Thread 01/26 1 PM CBS

3 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I know he hits shots but that almost makes things worse since he gets so much more aggressive offensively (aka out of control and 1-1 basketball). It kills the team because the offense completely stops. Archie playing him at the end is inexcusable. Guy doesn't defend well either....just no reason to have him in. 

He's not much of a defender at all.  He got beat like a rented mule a couple times in the first half, on one of those 3s he wasn't in the same time zone because he was wandering.

We played a hell of a game.  Proud of the team when they could have went a hid like countless times earlier in the season. 
How do we not get the calls at home?!  Smith had a fistful of Jackson-Davis' jersey on that last play and nothing. 

Maryland fouled a ton and the refs would never call it. I won’t blame the refs for this loss because IU did choke, but this was probably the most one-sides ref job I’ve seen in a very long time!

Really hope this doesn’t start a bad trend for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Maryland fouled a ton and the refs would never call it. I won’t blame the refs for this loss because IU did choke, but this was probably the most one-sides ref job I’ve seen in a very long time!

I kept trying to figure out how they were getting calls in the lane and we weren't.  Did the refs f'up and think Maryland was home because of all the red?!

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

But the refs didn't.  After he made the shot with 14 seconds he's walking at the crowd and yelling "**** YOU!" multiple times.  Time and score makes no difference.  That's a technical 10 out of 10 times.

If the officials are going to call the tick tack fouls all game then call them all game. Smith over the back on Smith after the TJD miss. But hey, swallow the whistle at the end of the game. After Smith's bs towards and after the game...he has become my most hated player in B10.

Ball doesn’t always bounce your way, you don’t always get the calls. That’s basketball. Don’t agree with all the finger pointing at D. Green right now though. He was a major reason we had a chance to win. In my opinion he played one of his most under control games and contributed in a lot of ways and at big moments. Maybe took an ill-advised shot late in the game, but it was a broken play with the shot clock running down. It’s just easy to scream “bench him forever” because we don’t like the outcome of the game. He’s improving and playing smarter, but isn’t perfect. The team fought hard. They dug out of a 14 point hole. Ball didn’t go in on our last attempt. It is what it is. Proud of the team for playing tough. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t blame Devonte he is what he is. He shouldn’t have been in that game at the end. 

Just for clarity’s sake, that wasn’t directed at you. I don’t hate having him in there at that point, but as I’ve said I understand the criticism he gets even if I personally don’t agree with all of it. 

This loss sucks, but IU has overall played really well since the first Maryland loss. We shot really well today, but the ball movement was really good too. 22 assists on 30 FGs. Ran into a buzzsaw in the first half and fought back. Unfortunately we found a way to lose, but if they can maintain a level of play close to this then we will be fine.

Also, Maryland should be so much better than they are. Cowan and Smith were the best players on the court by a significant margin. Turgeon is just not a good coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Yes.  This loss was due to our failure to execute down the stretch...

BUT

"Hall of Calls" my backside!

Just for clarity’s sake, that wasn’t directed at you. I don’t hate having him in there at that point, but as I’ve said I understand the criticism he gets even if I personally don’t agree with all of it. 

Green deserves criticism for sure. But it gets exhausting when every mistake he makes is magnified in a way that nobody else's do. He was the best player on our team today. That last shot wasn't great, but he needed to make something happen with time running out. If anything, the criticism should be for Miller, who should have called a timeout to set up an actual play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk