Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU Football Off-Season

On 2/25/2020 at 2:59 PM, btownqb said:

This line of thinking has got to go. Our athletes dont deserve to be treated unfairly. 

An isolated mistake is that. He hasn't been in trouble at all. 2-3 games... run the crap out of him and move on. Honestly absurd I hear so much of this moral high ground talk, but we employed BK for so long. 

Assuming everything is correct in the report, he should be a Hoosier in the fall. 

That line of thinking will likely never change with me.  That said, the charges are in and less than originally thought.  I want to read the testimony/filings.

1 hour ago, CS2 said:

That line of thinking will likely never change with me.  That said, the charges are in and less than originally thought.  I want to read the testimony/filings.

Its misdemeanors... 

41 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Its misdemeanors... 

Better news but I want to know if he hit her or threatened her.  I have a high bar for IU athletics.

12 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Reading reports that Bama is after Ballou and Rhea.

Doesn't look good.  Better start searching quickly.

Kinda interesting that King Nick was being such a whiny fusspot after Georgia poached his strength coach. Now, he's doing the same to us. As disappointing as it is, that's kinda how it works, though. The 'Bama assistant wanted to go work with his friend at Georgia. And as far as our guys -- I think anybody in their right mind would rather work with Alabama's football program than IU's. 

Saban needs to just shut his yapper -- it's making him look like a hypocrite. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Kinda interesting that King Nick was being such a whiny fusspot after Georgia poached his strength coach. Now, he's doing the same to us. As disappointing as it is, that's kinda how it works, though. The 'Bama assistant wanted to go work with his friend at Georgia. And as far as our guys -- I think anybody in their right mind would rather work with Alabama's football program than IU's. 

Saban needs to just shut his yapper -- it's making him look like a hypocrite. 

And, I’m assuming Bama has a much bigger salary budgeted for these positions.

17 hours ago, CS2 said:

Better news but I want to know if he hit her or threatened her.  I have a high bar for IU athletics.

So no mistakes are allowed by our kids? 

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So no mistakes are allowed by our kids? 

Nowhere near what I said.  

I would support a short-leash second chance with punishment and suspension for everything he was ultimately charged with unless... he struck or shoved her.  Physical assault is over the second chance line for me.  Sorry.

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

And, I’m assuming Bama has a much bigger salary budgeted for these positions.

This is still pretty shocking to me. How much more could Bama be offering him that IU can’t match? Both Ballou and his wife are IU grads. Seems like mistake if you ask me but to each their own. 

We are talking about the premier college football program in the last 10 years and maybe of all time. No way you turn that down for IU.

I agree. I think he had expected/hoped his next step to be the NFL but this is about as close as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app