Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU Football Off-Season

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

How do you know that the OL is going to be bad this year.  Maybe a new OC will be able to do more things to help out the OL

He doesn't know but he's making a very safe bet. It's unfortunately likely to happen. And what's even more unfortunate is if, if it does indeed happen it will likely cost CTA his job or at least put him directly in the hot seat. It will probably cause a mass exit of transfers out the door, more decommits, etc. etc. All because he was too stubborn to let go of a failed OL coach from last season.

I hope to eat a giant plate of crow after posting this.  

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

How did we have a WR coach leave for the NFL when our WRs weren't any good?

Factually, that is very incorrect. DJ Matthews? Cam Camper? Did you watch any games? 

But, usually NFL teams want the top position coaches to coach their players. So, A Henry was someone they liked. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Factually, that is very incorrect. DJ Matthews? Cam Camper? Did you watch any games? 

But, usually NFL teams want the top position coaches to coach their players. So, A Henry was someone they liked. 

DJ Mathews was just talented before he even got to IU. Camper was no different than the rest. Mediocre. 

13 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

DJ Mathews was just talented before he even got to IU. Camper was no different than the rest. Mediocre. 

lol ... that's some funny stuff, man. 

On 2/25/2023 at 2:21 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Brock Schott (2025-TE) from Leo and a good friend of my son just got a IUFB scholarship offer yesterday and a Wisconsin offer yesterday.  Pretty cool stuff. 

So the Wayne in your profile name refers to Fort Wayne? I am from there as well. Regardless, good stuff. IU has been recruiting that area better the last few years. 

11 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

So the Wayne in your profile name refers to Fort Wayne? I am from there as well. Regardless, good stuff. IU has been recruiting that area better the last few years. 

Yep, that’s the Wayne in my profile name.  Born and raised.  

Not a ton of IU connection to Fort Wayne area as far as recruiting.  Furst was a local follow. I know the Blackmon’s pretty well. I had a high school buddy that played football for IU but injuries never let him get going.  

this year the 3rd best receiver in the nation goes to New Haven and committed to Ohio State recently. 

9 hours ago, Demo said:

No idea if it means anything, but, fwiw, Sorsby quoting a TCU O-lineman entering the portal. 

Half of Bolticoff's tweets are re-tweets of Sorsby's. I assume they're friends and/or played at HS together.