Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU Football Off-Season

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Consensus of many, many power rankings for this B1G season?

The Hoosiers are coming in at SIXTH! Out of 14 B1G teams. SIXTH!!

That’s GREAT....Can’t wait until Saturday.

I realize we are a football school but being picked 6th also gives our b-ball team something to aspire to.

Not to be a jerk-face or anything, but is it fair to say that our home field advantage might be jes' a little less than for a team like Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc.? 

Therefore, could we be getting an 'empty stadium advantage' in our road games that outweighs our 'empty stadium home game dis-advantage' this year?

30 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not to be a jerk-face or anything, but is it fair to say that our home field advantage might be jes' a little less than for a team like Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc.? 

Therefore, could we be getting an 'empty stadium advantage' in our road games that outweighs our 'empty stadium home game dis-advantage' this year?

I had a similar thought regarding home field advantages/disadvantages.

But that doesn’t change the fact that you are indeed a jerkface. :)

How will the calls go? We’ve had some questionable calls go against us, at home, against the likes of UM and O$U in the last decade. It’s more an issue in the Big Ten offices than with home field advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 10/19/2020 at 2:53 PM, Stuhoo said:

Jerk-face. I agree with what you said, I just wanted to type out jerk-face

Former Indiana wide receiver and NFL Network broadcaster Rhett Lewis has been named new IU football radio analyst.   Lewis played at Indiana from 2001-05. He graduated with a B.S. in sports broadcasting in 2005 and a M.S. in sports administration in 2006.

1 hour ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Seeing that RB/KR David Ellis is also retiring from football due to health issues. Looked like a very promising piece for this team. The IU Football curse continues! 

Wouldn't say it hurts the team in any way. Hopefully he gets healthy for his long term goals in life. 

Spoken like a true coach who doesn’t have a great QB because a great QB begins with a great OL (at least a very good one).  Par year after year.

So all over Twitter I see how Shivers will have a great breakout year... But I'm still not seeing it. He didn't do anything special at Auburn and he will definitely have a much worse offensive line here at Indiana. I honestly feel bad for any QB or RB right now. Any type of potential they have is getting dragged down because of the OLine. 

And high level major league touted QBS do not consider mediocre OLs.  That leaves those with a kink or shortcomings who are trying to make something out of or improve their ability often only to getting development stunted.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So all over Twitter I see how Shivers will have a great breakout year... But I'm still not seeing it. He didn't do anything special at Auburn and he will definitely have a much worse offensive line here at Indiana. I honestly feel bad for any QB or RB right now. Any type of potential they have is getting dragged down because of the OLine. 

How do you know that the OL is going to be bad this year.  Maybe a new OC will be able to do more things to help out the OL