Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU Football Off-Season

Tough draw for sure. But I have a pretty positive outlook here. It's not unreasonable to say this is the most talented team IU football has had in quite some time. With Michigan St. in the first year after a coaching change along with losing quite a bit of production, there is no reason this shouldn't be the year we leap frog them. So I think 4-4 would be solid, but if we truly take a step forward as a program, this is the year we pick off one of the big names. So 5-3 is not unrealistic. 

Of course much will depend on player availability between injuries and positive tests. I've followed IU football long enough to know that 1-7 isn't out of the question. 

I've heard a couple of broadcasters mention that this season doesn't count against eligibility. Is it as simple as that? Everyone gets a pass as if this season didn't happen? 

That could be very interesting in basketball, IF the same thing applies. 

5 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I've heard a couple of broadcasters mention that this season doesn't count against eligibility. Is it as simple as that? Everyone gets a pass as if this season didn't happen? 

I don’t even know how that works. They would have to expand the roster sizes for one year because now you’ll have essentially 6 qualifying yrs of players. Then I guess ‘graduate’ two years worth of players next year?

18 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

yes everyone gets a free year

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

Tom Allen said that Marcelino Ball tore his ACL last week in practice. Bummer. Bryant Fitzgerald will move into starting at husky.

On a positive note, over 1200 rapid covid tests the last few weeks and only 1 positive test (non-athlete). 

The rapid test has been great for the university. I've been tested several times and I'm not the one positive. 

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The rapid test has been great for the university. I've been tested several times and I'm not the one positive. 

That is good to hear. I am worried about the schedule not allowing for any postponements so hopefully the university as a whole can keep the cases under control so the football team has a better chance of playing all its games. 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

That is good to hear. I am worried about the schedule not allowing for any postponements so hopefully the university as a whole can keep the cases under control so the football team has a better chance of playing all its games. 

The difference is Big Ten is testing every day. Also, IU is testing 10K students, faculty, and staff every day also. Most conferences are testing two times a week with students, not on campus. Now it is a little scary that Indiana just opened everything back up. Kirkwood was hopping Saturday night. So we'll see how that goes but proud of how IU has handled all of this.