Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU Football Off-Season

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We got lucky last year a lot that we had some playmakers. Including Ramsey. But he was on the run more than he should have been.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Penix played in that game and was fantastic. He was only sacked once... Bedford gave up a sack in his first game. He wasn't pressured basically the entire game. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We got lucky last year a lot that we had some playmakers. Including Ramsey. But he was on the run more than he should have been.

I don't believe in luck.  Luck is where preparation meets opportunity.  But that's just me.  

I don't believe in luck.  Luck is where preparation meets opportunity.  But that's just me.  

Don’t believe in luck huh? I guess Indiana hasn’t had much in football over the years so I can see why you’d feel that way. But our front 5 wasn’t a strength. Or QB and WR’s were though. RB’s behind them. Why I believe losing Cronk wasn’t a big deal. But losing Ramsey and Sampson really sucks. And Sampson was a prized recruit for us.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Don’t believe in luck huh? I guess Indiana hasn’t had much in football over the years so I can see why you’d feel that way. But our front 5 wasn’t a strength. Or QB and WR’s were though. RB’s behind them. Why I believe losing Cronk wasn’t a big deal. But losing Ramsey and Sampson really sucks. And Sampson was a prized recruit for us.

I don't agree.  The passing game improved, that includes pass blocking.  The run game decreased, that includes run blocking.  All that might have been by design though because they were playing with a new OC.  They won 8 games without the 2018 running game.  Both players will be missed but like I've been saying for awhile now, the core of the team is still intact.  In my opinion, the biggest loss this off-season so far has been losing the S&C duo to Bama.  

9 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I don't agree.  The passing game improved, that includes pass blocking.  The run game decreased, that includes run blocking.  All that might have been by design though because they were playing with a new OC.  They won 8 games without the 2018 running game.  Both players will be missed but like I've been saying for awhile now, the core of the team is still intact.  In my opinion, the biggest loss this off-season so far has been losing the S&C duo to Bama.  

I think James is a big loss. Maybe not this year if Scott stays healthy but next year. He looked to have everything you want in a RB and now we are left with absolutely nothing behind Scott as insurance. Deboer was going to leave regardless so I can't fault that but a large part of those 8 wins had to do with our offense taking a huge step forward. No excuse for the new OC to not build on that momentum as that was Allen's most important hire/decision this offseason. 

17 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I think James is a big loss. Maybe not this year if Scott stays healthy but next year. He looked to have everything you want in a RB and now we are left with absolutely nothing behind Scott as insurance. Deboer was going to leave regardless so I can't fault that but a large part of those 8 wins had to do with our offense taking a huge step forward. No excuse for the new OC to not build on that momentum as that was Allen's most important hire/decision this offseason. 

I hear ya.  A position that once had too much depth is now looking pretty darn thin.  We'll see.  Hopefully our beloved Hoosiers will figure something out. 

They might end up moving around some players in other positions.  Does anyone know of players on the current roster that was a RB in high school?

8 hours ago, coachv jr said:

the notion that it is a lateral move is absurd. top of the mountain in his profession and will be rich as all get out

Ohh I agree. My point is if you move from Director of XYZ at Toys r Us to Director of XYZ at Apple, the position is lateral. Youre doing the same things. However, it's at a higher caliber. That aspect is not lateral. 

8 hours ago, coachv jr said:

won't miss walker. not big ten caliber. hopefully we can find a good but disgruntled second string running back (from bama?) and make him more gruntled at indiana

I wouldn't be surprised if Walker sees this as an instant PT increase opportunity and changes his mind. Not saying it's likely, just that it wouldn't surprise me if it occurred. 

Credit to Respectable Adam:

IMG_3057.thumb.jpg.103c1b3146cfa924ef8754b28db44bed.jpg

The number of transfers at IU is not unusual. It just sucks because we don't have as much depth as some of the bigger programs. I was not surprised by Gest's or Ronnie's decision but I'm definitely puzzled by Sampson's. He was looking at an extended role this upcoming season with the possibility of being the lead back the following year.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, jk34 said:

How about the Spegal kid from New Pal?

He's got an opportunity, now let's see if his preparation allows him to step in and meet the needs of the team.  Best of luck to him.

16 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

He's got an opportunity, now let's see if his preparation allows him to step in and meet the needs of the team.  Best of luck to him.

Tim Baldwin y'all. 

Already on campus, 6'0", 210, had a strong offer list out of hs.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

So our rb rotation will likely be: Scott, Baldwin, Lloyd.

That'll be just fine.

Definitely need one more and potentially a position change to add another for emergencies if Speigal can’t keep up. When is the last time IU didn’t have an injured RB during the season? Can’t roll with just 3 guys.  Ironically OSU is finding themselves in a potentially even more dire situation. Hopefully the kid from Arkansas doesn’t get offered by them and we can land him