Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

IU at Nebraska Game Thread 1/18 7 PM BTN

So the guards still need to step up if IU is to have any chance against Michigan State on Thursday.

Hopefully Rob can lock in on defense against Winston. He seemed to struggle with Mack's speed in the first half and got burned a couple times. Winston is a different type of player, but we're going to need the guards to slow him down. A healthy Rob can really bother him, but who knows how healthy he is right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the possible exception of Northwestern, we could see that there isn't a single team this year that has a losing record at home in conference this year.  I would venture to say that Nebraska will win 3 of its last 6 at home.

Cool. Nebraska is still awful. A quad 3 loss is a quad 3 loss but I guess now there are even excuses for that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Cool. Nebraska is still awful. A quad 3 loss is a quad 3 loss but I guess now there are even excuses for that.

Nah. Don’t need excuses for a quad 3 loss. when you are a team that is projected to be a seed 7-10 that’s part of it. Some people just are not pumping the sunshine like you in this case. Some can probably see that a program that has missed the tournament 3 years in row is not above a quad 3 loss. Better programs then IU have had quad 3 losses or worst in years past and this year plenty of teams better then IU have quad 3 losses or worst.

Why are we talking about a quad 3 loss. Last time I checked we have none and not likely to get a quad 3 this season 

Because I said a quad 3 loss wouldn’t have been good in more ways than one. And that the win doesn’t mean much because it’s still a quad 3 win. And if our best road win is a quad 3 road win, likely won’t help much. We really need another road win. 1 just isn’t good enough.

Because I said a quad 3 loss wouldn’t have been good in more ways than one. And that the win doesn’t mean much because it’s still a quad 3 win. And if our best road win is a quad 3 road win, likely won’t help much. We really need another road win. 1 just isn’t good enough.

A conversation that will be more useful in the next road game thread.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The rest of our rod games are Q1. There are no more “bad losses” on the road.

So once again are we talking about something that doesn’t concern this team.  

So once again are we talking about something that doesn’t concern this team.  

Nope. But people got butthurt because now you can have excuses for a Q3 win. So Purdue’s whoopin they took isn’t a bad loss because it’s a Big Ten Road game. But I’m sure they wouldn’t say the same if Purdue got whooped by FIU on the road(who is ranked one spot ahead of Nebraska in the NET rankings). There are now new meanings to Q3 losses because it’s the Big Ten.

Nope. But people got butthurt because now you can have excuses for a Q3 win. So Purdue’s whoopin they took isn’t a bad loss because it’s a Big Ten Road game. But I’m sure they wouldn’t say the same if Purdue got whooped by FIU on the road(who is ranked one spot ahead of Nebraska in the NET rankings). There are now new meanings to Q3 losses because it’s the Big Ten.

Kentucky got beat by Evansville a Quad 4 loss (Not in the B1G) and I’m guessing Kentucky will be just fine when it comes to selection Sunday. No body has a hurt butt just pointing out teams can overcome Q3 and Q4 losses. Especially when a team only has 13 top 50 games remaining.

Kentucky got beat by Evansville a Quad 4 loss (Not in the B1G) and I’m guessing Kentucky will be just fine when it comes to selection Sunday. No body has a hurt butt just pointing out teams can overcome Q3 and Q4 losses. Especially when a team only has 13 top 50 games remaining.

That’s still a really bad loss. And could hurt them considering there will be some hair splitting between teams this season.