Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Ohio State Game Thread: 1/11/20 @noon...WILL HE BE THERE?!?

Karen is pulling all of the strings. The boys don't live around here and visit a few times a year. IU has a plan in place for when he does return. They reserve two seats for him every game. They have a video already made for when he does show up. He will not speak, just stand and wave. It will be a surprise since Karen doesn't want the info to get out as it did for Saturday. 

Why doesn’t she want it to get out?

the press will be at every game, so same same. The hall can only seat 17k people so same same.

What changes by people knowing it’s coming or not knowing?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

Why doesn’t she want it to get out?

the press will be at every game, sos same same. The hall can only seat 17k people so same same.

What changes by people knowing it’s coming or not knowing?

She's afraid their going to make a spectacle out of it. 

She's afraid their going to make a spectacle out of it. 

Probably doesn’t want media stalking who would end up crowding Knight. But it will be very emotional. Guarantee many fans will shed at least 1 tear.

3 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Dang! I should’ve realized that. Thanks for the reminder. What can we name after him? Someone I work with said we should name Assembly Hall after him but no way the corporate name is coming off the building.

No way it happens, but I'd be fine with the stadium named after him.  Or a statue in front.

Assembly Hall (old habit -- I hate calling it Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall) is a pretty big building. If memory serves (I have been in Bloomington just once since graduating in 1991), it also has ticket offices and most (if not all) of the athletic offices. So in essence, it's more than just a basketball building. 

If they wanted to, they could do something like this: Once you pass through the doors and into the part of the building where the basketball games are played, you could be entering Bob Knight Arena at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.

Don't know if the Skjodt family would go for that -- or if the Knights would -- but it's just a thought ... 

Lol yeah dude only won 2 NCAA Championships. Integrated Big Ten basketball and iirc served his country. Clearly doesn’t deserve to be honored

McCracken can be honored in a different manner. Bobby Knight made Indiana basketball, Indiana basketball.