Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Your Starters and Lineups

I obviously want to see Phin play a lot, but he just has not played well in the last 3 games at all. Also, I complain about DG a lot, but simple and plain, we don’t have better options at this point. I feel the same way about Brunk.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was thinking this when watching MD vs OSU; we just still don’t have much talent. TJD is probably the only player that would start on either of those teams and if Green is hot he’d see the floor a good amount. The problem is we really only have a shot against good teams when Devonte gets hot which doesn’t happen too often. Because of this, I think the lineup needs to maximize offensive scoring potential and creativity so we don’t watch 25 second possessions with a crappy shot at the end of it. I’d just like to see this for a bit:
Green
Hunter
Smith
TJD
De’Ron

All of this while pounding the hall inside and hoping DD can stay out of foul trouble. On top of that, let Devonte find open spots outside after moving it inside and let Jerome get creative. Let Smith run hard in transition and play aggressive defense. Hoosiers just need some spark in my eyes.

For those of you wanting more Rob, Armaan, Jerome, Damezi, and DeRon, they are a combined 81-236 shooting. So don’t complain about the offense if those are the guys you want getting more run.

Question raised in this thread and in 1 or 2 other threads regarding our team captains and were they elected by the team or appointed by Archie.   This from TheDailyHoosier on Sept. 30 -

By a vote of their teammates, senior Devonte Green and junior Al Durham will be the captains for IU for the upcoming season.

Injuries may be effecting Phin but there is something else going on here. To me, he’s a complete different player right now

Maybe a partially toxic locker room plays into that. Not wholly, of course. Rob has to be willing to help himself, too. But a player coming off injuries sure doesn’t gain extra confidence in shaking off the rust from the type of culture that still seems to infect this team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Our players play with zero confidence, except TJD and Brunk in the post. TJD rightfully, and Brunk overconfidently but I’ll take that.

Rob is a ghost out there. He doesn’t make a ton of errors, but he also doesn’t do much. Hardly ever beats a guy to create a play. He’s just off or simply not that good.

I enjoy Al. I don’t think he’s excellent. I think he’s likeable. He’s our most predictable guard. Not a great shooter. Drives recklessly often. He’s ok. I like him, but would rather him be a support piece.

Franklin- man idk. Dribbles ok. Passes ok. Shoots like he’s confident, but he can’t shoot. Want to like him. Not ready.

Justin Smith- been said a million times. I’m not a huge fan. I like him better as a 4. Had hoped he would expand his offensive game. Hasn’t.

Hunter- wow. Not the guy I saw scrimmage Romeo last year. He’s been Archified on offense. Like Romeo did.

Damezi, Race would never play if I was the coach.

I only think 3 guys on this roster really deserve B1G minutes.

Have I said I really dislike our roster before? I feel some of our guys have regressed on offense. That’s on Archie.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Agree on most of Fleek’s points, but disagree on Race Thompson.  At the minimum, he’s a plus rebounder and unlike Davis, he doesn’t miss much when he gets to the rim.  He’s getting about 4 boards in 12 minutes per game.

Agreed. I would shrink the bigs to Smith, Brunk and TJD but Race would be my guy in case of foul trouble